Customer Service 866.965.0400

long streak of bad luck

MAYBEN

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the pit is filling so I assume the pump will kick in soon.. unfortunately, the lights dimmed a couple times so we may lose power soon.. hopefully the battery back up works well..

also when I was looking around the perimeter of the basement, I found a couple drips that on a stud, then looked and they're coming from the ceiling/first level floor.. wtf.. not sure where its coming in..

lol, Paid a contractor to do it..

Find him, hit him with something then throw him up on the roof to fix it right !!!!!

But you might want to reverse the hit him and throw him up on the roof parts just to be sure he really fixes it this time :D

• 11 months later...

well, it looks like no matter what, I'm destined to have house issues..

found water in the basement this morning.. then came home a little while ago from running errands and found a decent amount more.. so much for these expensive french drains..

I'm glad I haven't put down the carpet tiles yet and that its been taking me forever to re-finish the basement.. All the drywall is up though so who knows what is going to happen.. I tried calling the company that did the work, and couldn't leave a message for whatever reason, so I emailed them.. I just got a response a couple minutes ago that they were forwarding it to their production manager or whoever, I think it may have been the guy that sold it to me..

LOL. I wouldn't fit. And the amount of tools that I would bring just in case, would be over the weight limit. I may be a sick man, but I enjoy doing home improvement projects. It's even more fun when someone else is paying for materials.

Nick,

Sorry to hear you are still having water issues. Homes can be maintenance pits, especially older ones. Like a car, once you get everything square it becomes easier though.

Good luck with it all.

Bruce

Nick,

I only read the first part of this Thread and it sorta sounds to me like the movie The Money Pit. :lol:

Sorry I am laughing but thats the first thing it reminded me of.

Hope things get better soon. Keep your head up. Most of us have gone through similar times in our lives and we are still around to complain about it. :D