Customer Service 866.965.0400

long streak of bad luck

MAYBEN

That thread was the best thing i've heard all day. Ultimate compound is the equivalent to 80 grit sandpaper and by hand or at 3000 opm, just not happening without more damage than when you started. We need a couple turds every now and then to make my day better:banana: And i loved how dylan professionally shot him down and said basically dont let the door hit you in the a-hole too hard:lol:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I just got home from the firehouse.. every Monday night we drill..

today wasnt bad.. my Boss, the VP, took me out to lunch.. didnt really do much today, besides employment paperwork.. and I looked through some of the proposals.. I may have even made the company an additional $12k with my negotiation suggestions..

here is a quick pic I took from outside my office, the pic does no justice for the size, its a pretty big office, and you cant really see much of it in the pic..

263801_10150221832847314_558222313_7337015_143764_n.jpg

ughhhhhhhh.. well Thurs night (11pm) we had trouble with the dishwasher which cause water to go through floor into the basement.. so I shut off the main to the house, since there was nothing directly for the dishwasher.. the spigot head snapped so I had to use pliers..

then I pulled out the dishwasher which was a project since it wasnt installed properly by the previous owner.. and I placed it outside on the deck..

Friday night after work I looked and looked online, found a dishwasher we liked, Maytag (which I believe one was made here), and most stores had a two week wait for it, I called PC Richards, negotiated the price over the phone, got a great deal, and it was delivered Today since I missed the cutoff Friday night for Sat delivery..

So I went to hook it up, and decided I needed a couple things that needed replacing (small piece above the Jpipe under the sink that had the input for the dw discharge) and I picked up a stainless braided line for the water input.. so I hook up the wiring, hook up the discharge, then I find that the line for the dw is leaking.. then I look under the sink of the bathroom (same wall) and there is a leak there that must have been there for a while being that the wood is in pretty bad shape.. also noticed my main shutoff's spigot is leaking, so that will need to be replaced soon as well, unless it reseals..

so I called a plumber today, he came about an hour later, and looked at everything.. some of the copper needs to be replaced, which unfortunately is in a tight spot, but replacing that, adding a couple shut offs, as well as a shut off downstairs by the main so I dont ever have to twist again (replacing with 1/4 turn lever) and blah blah, $600 plus tax..

after talking with him, if I pay cash (still get receipt, etc) I should be able to do it for $500, he said his boss should take that.. and they will be here tomorrow morning to complete the job..

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

on a good note, the first week at the job was great.. even went with my boss to Maryland for a meeting with McCormick..

on a good note, the first week at the job was great.. even went with my boss to Maryland for a meeting with McCormick..

Next time you go can you bring me back some powdered garlic?:lol:

Sorry to hear about the plumbing issues!!!

I wish!

This one is my favorite, you should try it.. I go through one bottle a month(ish), I love putting it around the crust when I make pizza too, AWESOME!

1001029_052100011820_A_400.jpg

Water damage just sucks!

A bud of mine from my last ship can relate. They just finished building their dream home, really nice two story Cape Cod. They went away for the weekend and got the neighbour to feed the cats.

Neighbour calls them the next morning to come home. One of the up stairs sinks was not plumbed correctly and the overflow was blocked. One of the cats managed to turn on the faucet with the paddle type controls they used. Water probably ran for at least 12 hours.

$50,000 insurance claim later......

The cats survived only because he wanted to remain married.......LOL

Water damage just sucks!

A bud of mine from my last ship can relate. They just finished building their dream home, really nice two story Cape Cod. They went away for the weekend and got the neighbour to feed the cats.

Neighbour calls them the next morning to come home. One of the up stairs sinks was not plumbed correctly and the overflow was blocked. One of the cats managed to turn on the faucet with the paddle type controls they used. Water probably ran for at least 12 hours.

$50,000 insurance claim later......

The cats survived only because he wanted to remain married.......LOL

WOW!!!! That cat just used all 9 of it's lives!!

Plumbing is fixed..

but now the pool is acting up again.. after a couple hours it barely moves the water.. I had this problem last year from mid-end of season.. and I couldn't figure it out.. oh Joy!

• 2 weeks later...

well I believe I have the pool running good now..

the new job is pretty good so far, I am going to Vegas in September!

this morning, my roof was fixed (half of it replaced/re-shingled)

this weekend I will try and go to HD or Lowes (most likely lowes since I have a CC) and I will pick up the supplies to re-finish my basement so that we can start living in our house again

• 5 weeks later...

update:

bought the lumber a week or two ago.. started measuring and cutting some..

gotta pick up some 2x3s since the 'waffle' part of the French Drains sticks out about an inch from the wall and I cannot get the base stud flush so the wall is straight.. when the basement was orig finished, the studs were right up against the foundation.. and I don't feel like ripping the 2x4s, nor do I have a table saw at my disposal..

my Parents are driving down tonight and my Dad is going to help me with it tomorrow.. hopefully we can bang out the lumber work, go pick up the drywall, and start some of that possibly.. Sunday morning they go back up to RI and the Wife and I have a wedding to go to..

thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have been able to do it that way with the waffle grids in there anyways..

framing is done.. need to go buy the sheet rock another time when my Dad comes to visit with his truck.. maybe next month? lol

thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have been able to do it that way with the waffle grids in there anyways..

framing is done.. need to go buy the sheet rock another time when my Dad comes to visit with his truck.. maybe next month? lol

Go for the blue sheet rock!! I don't see any of that new sheet rock with out the paper sides. If you happen to find it use it as it doesn't mold!!!

I was thinking about that, but since the bulk of the basement I am only replacing 'half-way' since the walls were cut about 4' high, would it be pointless since the upper half would be regular sheet rock?

I would say no, since the drains are in the ground and the dimpled plastic comes up through the concrete some I would say it's better to be safe than sorry! Plus cold damp air is heavy so...

Nick, I would wait until after this storm before putting everything back together. You have the drains and pump but the pump is only good if you have power for it to run.

Everything in my basement is coming up off the floor. I doubt I will have power if this storm is as big as they think its gonna be by the time it gets here!:help::mad:

I do have a battery backup for the pump.. but that can only run for so long..

I have to figure out my back yard tonight, I have a lot of stuff out, including a dining set with 6 chairs, fire pit table set with 4 chairs..

Update on the job..

Vegas in September is a go (as of now, lol)

my Boss (the VP) has quit effective 9/8.. he cant stand the GM of the company.. now I have to report to the GM.. it sucks because I get along with the VP very well and its nice to finally have a boss thats not a DB.. oh well!