Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Foam Tape on back of wheels

Carolinaboy

Question

Hey guys/gals I got a question for y'all. I put some new wheels/tires on my truck yesterday (from a buddy) and he had left some of the packing stuff on the back of the wheels (in the bowl). It looks like foam tape of some sort.

I unfortunately have pics of it right now. I'll get some up in the AM. Can I use some 3M Adhesive Remover or some goo gone? It isn't that big of a deal but it irks me :help:

By the way they are black wheels

KMC MONSTERS

DSC_0027-1.jpg

& Tape

DSC_0035-1.jpg

:mad::mad: Yet another reason I don't go to Wal-Mart! They don't have it anymore, nor did they have plastic razor blades :willy:

I guess I'll run to Autozone or Lowes/HD tonight

You probably won't find them there either.

Here are the results of a google search for Columbia (not sure exactly where you are)

paint, body, equipment columbia, sc

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=paint%2C+body%2C+equipment+columbia%2C+sc&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=ae34ea8b3ec20d7d

I'd probably go with Amazon, cheaper and shipping is super quick.

If you have ever dealt with Phil you'll see he is really fast. I've got stuff next day when just using ground shipping :thumbsup:

This stuff with the plastic razorblade and I purchased both at a PBE shop: they had to order in the razor blades.

I think that's just the aerosol version of what I use.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

This has a POOR picture, but this is what I use.

http://www.amazon.com/General-Purpose-Adhesive-Cleaner-Qt/dp/B000RHZ30S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1301603518&sr=8-4

I literally, take a MF applicator, wet a side with this, and wipe down the sides of my cars in the spring. It saves your clay a LOT of work.

Chris

That's the stuff I use. The can is orangish red with white.

This has a POOR picture, but this is what I use.

http://www.amazon.com/General-Purpose-Adhesive-Cleaner-Qt/dp/B000RHZ30S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1301603518&sr=8-4

I literally, take a MF applicator, wet a side with this, and wipe down the sides of my cars in the spring. It saves your clay a LOT of work.

Chris

Ouch... We have a hardware store called K&K True Value and it's the BOMB! Small parking lot, people who are actually trained to know what you need, and a store that you could put in a HD or Lowes 6 times over... I LOVE my K&K...

Chris

The only place around here that carries it is Wally World. I hate shopping there but then again its the only place

I WON'T shop there unless it's for something NO ONE has. I include Amazon in that search, so I never go to Wal-Mart. I order most everything online now.

Wal-Mart is the largest grocery store in the U.S.

Wal-Mart is also the largets importer of Chinese goods.

Wal-Mart does have SOME 3M there. I bought a quart jug online though. Dang thing will last forever for me.

Chris

3M Adhesive remover with a plastic razor blade.

Finish up the residue removal with APC and a Terry cloth/cotton rag.

I had to do this when I picked up some used Titan wheels. Worked great. I found the 3M at a PBE (paint, body, equipment) store (I hate to go to Wally's too).

Pics added to the OP

Where did all the dents come from? :(

Unfortunately from the previous owner, I couldn't pass up the deal on this truck so I bought it. I thought to myself they aren't that bad. But now they drive me nuts! :help: Gonna cost about $1800 to get em' fixed though. I may PTM Bedline the rockers because of all the rock chips from the road

3M Adhesive remover with a plastic razor blade.

Finish up the residue removal with APC and a Terry cloth/cotton rag.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

3M adhesive remover works about 10 times faster than goo gone.

Let it soak with the remover for about 2-5 minutes, reapplying when necessary to keep it wet, and then use something plastic to remove.

Where did all the dents come from? :(

Archived