Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tar remover

PeteH

Question

20 answers to this question

It's not an end all save all, but it's probably the best product they make! lol

Too bad the 3M stuff is obsolete. I'm sure someone online has it.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Lol that's true. I've tried several of their products and none work at all. I can't wait for Adam's Bug and Tar Remover.

I don't know if the stuff they put on roads out here is different from where you are Chewy, but I have had no success whatsoever with that brand. And the nozzle keeps getting jammed. :(

It's not an end all save all, but it's probably the best product they make! lol

Too bad the 3M stuff is obsolete. I'm sure someone online has it.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Since I just ran out, I tried to restock my 3M adhesive remover yesterday at my auto body supply house and they (3M) have discontinued it. There are other comparable solvents out there.

Personally, for tar removal, I use XENIT. It is a citrus based aerosol and the tar spots literally drip/run off the car. Doubt you will find it in stores.

- Darryl

I personally use 3M Adhesive remover. It's quick and auto body safe.

^That or Tarminator. A body solvent would probably work also and a body solvent can be used for other purposes also.

What ever you use, as someone said, if it is strong it enough to remove the tar, it will easily remove your wax or sealant.

I personally use 3M Adhesive remover. It's quick and auto body safe. I just use a Adams MF applicator.

Chris

That stuff is awesome. We used it to remove the adhesive residue left behind by pinstriping on a buddy's Wrangler. It took it off in a breeze. Then when I baked my headlights and took them apart to retrofit the projectors, I accidentally got some adhesive on the outside of the lens. That 3M Adhesive remover took it right off with minimal effort.

I wonder if WW would work if you let it soak for a while? Or do you need a petroleum based product. Dylan?

Waterless wash? NO WAY! Citrus based will work too.

Keep in mind, tar removers REMOVE wax too.

Chris

Well I used Dylans trick on burnt rubber on that and tar and it seemed to work. APC and a Pressure Washer..

Soaked it with APC at the quarter wash then blasted it off, then I took it home and 2 bucket washed it and threw some wax on the lower half.

Hope this helps!

Archived