Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Question

BlueGenCoupe

Question

Dylan or Adam can chime in...

I was wondering what percentage of carnauba is in the Americana wax? The reason I ask is because I was talking with someone the other day and he was telling me how the wax he uses has 51% carnuaba and the other one has 59%. I was curious so I checked the Americana container and didn't see anything.

Anyone Know?

22 answers to this question

We also kill off an endangered species with every tub of Americana sold... not because we need it for the ingredients, but because it makes the wax more exclusive. :jester:

The limited edition americana will come in a hollowed out dolphin skull, wrapped in bald eagle feathers, and sealed with a lid made from baby seal skin... price... $100,000

You can't put a price on that kind of exclusivity, but we'll certainly try. :jester:

:willy::willy::willy::lolsmack:

We also kill off an endangered species with every tub of Americana sold... not because we need it for the ingredients, but because it makes the wax more exclusive. :jester:

The limited edition americana will come in a hollowed out dolphin skull, wrapped in bald eagle feathers, and sealed with a lid made from baby seal skin... price... $100,000

You can't put a price on that kind of exclusivity, but we'll certainly try. :jester:

LMAO :lol:

Oh, and I will also add:

Buy

Other

Stereo

Equipment

A bird poop on the Avi this morning?:lolsmack::lolsmack:

Ahh! Dylan should get this. As soon as i read %'s and adams doesnt disclose the info because the consumer shouldn't be confused and or care sounds almost identical to what Bose does with their systems.

Except! im not bashing Adam's, just blose:jester:

No highs, no lows must be.....

haha. kidding bose makes a fine product for the masses and im an authorized dealer so i cant bash to much..figured dylan would get a kick out of it:D

BTW: i was talked into pushing my autoglym wax for americana in my other thread and just ordered it before 12:00. Im excited to try it out!

No highs or lows.... It must be Bose... :lolsmack:

Marketing... Pure and simple. Bose has one of the best marketing departments in the business.

As for Americana... It's AMAZING! Sure it's 70 bucks, but MAN is it worth it.

Remember ONE thing when you apply it. Apply to no more than two panels or a whole hood and then remove. Do NOT do the whole car and then remove.

Chris

Amen. I figure they worked for a kind of sweet spot with the product- it has to look great, and also has to last more than a few washings- look and longevity.

For certain applications, Bose pro gear is nice. I wouldn't use it for rock and roll.

Ahh! Dylan should get this. As soon as i read %'s and adams doesnt disclose the info because the consumer shouldn't be confused and or care sounds almost identical to what Bose does with their systems.

Except! im not bashing Adam's, just blose:jester:

No highs, no lows must be.....

haha. kidding bose makes a fine product for the masses and im an authorized dealer so i cant bash to much..figured dylan would get a kick out of it:D

BTW: i was talked into pushing my autoglym wax for americana in my other thread and just ordered it before 12:00. Im excited to try it out!

% numbers are something that don't amount to much more than a "male reproductive organ" measuring contest.

Anyone who says "I use _____________ wax. Its 96% pure carnuba." either spent too much on it and are trying to justify the price to themselves or don't know anybetter. A more sound basis for measure: DOES IT WORK? :cheers:

:( I thought that was specially for me!

On a serious note, when this guy started talking about percentage, I had no idea what he was talking about. I personally dont care how much carnauba is in the wax, as long as it give my car a good shine; im happy!

Adam is one amazing guy!

I will never switch to anything else.

Not only is the product absolutely amazing but the owner and customer service rep's are pretty dang good too!!!!

I have never had to return anything for being "unhappy" with the product. Everything I've used has out done any other product I've ever used.

% of carnuba is a huge game manufactures play to try and falsely market some perceived superiority in their product. Fact is some claim percentages that are completely not possible... at a point a high enough percentage of hard carnuba becomes unworkable. Its an astonishingly low percentage too so companies come up with shady ways to inflate the % based on an asterisk. Theres % by weight, % by volume, and other ways to word it to make one seem higher than the other when the truth of the matter is there is a ceiling for carnuba content. Its a game of deceit that we don't intend to play. What I will say:

• The carnuba that we do use in Americana is of the absolute highest standard and quality available.
  • Carnuba is just one ingredient of MANY contained in a quality paste wax.
  • We tested the product in various carnuba proportions and settled on the one we sell for being a balance of depth of shine and ease of use.
  • It works, and its 110% guaranteed that you'll like it too.

To quote the boss himself:

Well, there is no reason to even discuss the % of or types of wax in our Americana. In fact, we tested it against the $1,000+ waxes and feel that we are at least on par with them in both shine, and ease of use.

Here's the beautiful part: Try ours, and if you don't feel it outshines the competition, with equal or less effort, we'll refund 110% of your purchase, shipping included! A 10% return is outstanding these days!

I'm confident we are the only wax on the market that the end user can profit on if not satisfied 110%.

We have had zero refunds on Americana, and have sold tubs to the cool but self-admittedly snobby Concours d'Elegance crew, who replaced their high dollar waxes with our Americana.

If I told you a hamburger came from a cow that was organically corn-fed, on 854 acres of farmland surrounded with 339 trees, and 39 acres of shade, massaged and meditated daily with a therapist who was trained in the mountains of Tibet, by the Dalai Lama, do you think the burger would taste better?

Maybe, however, would you pay double for it? Absolutely! Would you pay 10X for it? Maybe. Would you pay 20X for it? Well, if money was truly no object, and you really liked the marketing, maybe.

The car care product industry is so filled with shady marketing, it absolutely blows my mind. Putting paste wax onto your hands, and applying it so that the warmth of your fingers slowly activates special polymers, waxes, etc, and creates a special, warm glow on your finish. . . . . :lol:

We focus on two basic fundamentals when it comes to our polish and wax line:

1. Depth of Shine
  2. Ease of Use

Notice we don't try to baffle our customers with terminology that doesn't actually exist? Notice there is not a system of applying a zillion layers of polish, polymer, etc., to our line? Notice, if you need help, we give you our cell phone numbers and say, "Call me!"

That's because I'm a small business owner, and really just a car detailer. I like products to provide excellent results, and with minimal effort.

Maybe we would grow Adam's Polishes much faster, and I'd be driving a new ZR-1 if I sold out, and started marketing with such shady tactics. I wouldn't sleep well, would have difficulty looking our customers in the eyes, and would probably break out in hives or something!

Instead, we choose to maintain integrity in marketing, providing an American Made product line, offer zero lies to get people to buy our goods, and just put out the highest quality, easiest to use car care products available at a reasonable price.

We were the first, and are still the ONLY company in this industry to offer a 110% Unconditional Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee. We have paid out on that guarantee about a dozen times in the past 10 years.

-Adam:patriot:

Archived