Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW BMF Wheels

green6767

Question

Just got some new shoes for the truck. I haven't had the tires mounted yet, they are brand new BMF M-80's in Death Metal Black. Like so:

BMF-M80-6-blk.jpg

I'm waiting to get these mounted and balanced and put on the truck until the slop from winter dries up a bit.

What would be the proper way to prep/seal/wax/etc these things using Adam's products as they sit right out of the box? For the coin spent on these, I want to make sure they are protected before they even see sunlight!

Thanks!!!

10 answers to this question

Ryan at BMF says they are painted and cleared.

Make sure they are super clean, then I would hand apply some Machine Superwax or Buttery Wax. Heck, if you have Brilliant Glaze, do this:

Wash

Dry

Machine Superwax

Brilliant Glaze

if you don't have MSW

Wash

Dry

Brilliant Glaze

Buttery Wax

For typical care, you are gonna want to use a Boulder Blonde Wheel Brush, Car Shampoo and water to clean them. If they get super dirty, Green Wheel Cleaner. Just follow instructions.

That is a great looking wheel!

Since its painted/cleared Mook is right.

For light cleaning go with just soap and water, for heavier cleaning Green Wheel Cleaner.

Polish with the same products you'd use for anything else thats painted (you may even want to clay them a few times a year) and then wax or seal with your preferred products.

Thanks for all the useful replies gentleman!!! Question thoroughly answered as usual. They are going on my black 07 Silverado Crew. I haven't posted pics of it yet. Its winter/spring-ish here and it looks terrible. Haha. I plan to post a before/after thread with all of the goodies I've gotten over the winter (wheels/tires being one of them) as well as a complete Adam's correction/detail.

One question:

The spots that aren't painted and are raw aluminum, is it ok to hit these areas too with the procedures mentioned above? Or should I avoid those spots? Different treatment?

All of the non painted spots you see in the wheels are bare aluminum. The only color paint applied to the wheels is black.

Archived