Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman at Thompson Racing - Detailing Clinic Pictures!

Well boys and girls, I'm finally recuperated from the fun filled weekend that we had in Doylestown, PA with Eric (and twins) at Thompson Racing. What a ball of fun that was. We ate good, we laughed quite a few times and we finally got to put some more faces with names. In all, those who could have made it and didn't, missed out on quite a fellowship.

Enough with words, let's get to the pictures. They speak volumes on the fun we had.

When I got to PA, the mayor welcomed me.

thompson_clinic0.jpg

Okay, maybe not personally, but I felt welcome anyway. :D

Sandra Dee hit me with the biggest surprise of them all at the airport when she showed up wearing a Junkman T-shirt (I didn't even know that I had one)! It turns out that her and Brandi had a few of them made and needless to say, I was flattered. Here is Sandra Dee and I at Steve's Prince of Steaks, getting ready to get our grub on with the rest of the crew.

thompson_clinic1.jpg

Steve's Prince of Steaks came through as usual. I had me one "with", and washed it down with a big ol' fruit punch. Man that was good!

thompson_clinic2.jpg

Here's Eric and the rest of the crew from that night, getting our grub on. :thumbsup:

thompson_clinic3.jpg

Check out those shirts! :willy:

thompson_clinic4.jpg

Meanwhile at the clinic on Saturday, I was given this bad boy to rub on:

thompson_clinic5.jpg

It was actually in too good of shape to demo on, so I whipped around and used the Thompson "booty wagon" to demo on.

horsham3c.jpg

Here's what I found after shedding a little light on it. It had swirls, but it also had some holograms on it. Holograms are the tell-tell sign that a rotary was used on the paint:

thompson_clinic6.jpg

thompson_clinic7.jpg

After working a little magic on it, the holograms were gone and the swirls were pretty on their way to history.

thompson_clinic11.jpg

Here's a shot of the new Thompson Racing beast. It had a sweet paint job on it.

thompson_clinic8.jpg

Plenty folks showed up for the clinic and to buy stuff.

thompson_clinic9.jpg

thompson_clinic10.jpg

Salma Hayek and Jaime Pressly (My Name is Earl) showed up for some detailing knowledge. Okay, just joking! Actually, this is the passing of the torch with the last clinic's "Detail Darling of the Day" passing the torch to the new detail darling.

thompson_clinic12.jpg

The only thing missing was me! I know, I'm such a dog!

thompson_clinic13.jpg

Here I am showing the owner of that georgeous ACR the ways of the Junkman shine.

thompson_clinic14.jpg

thompson_clinic15.jpg

He picked up the technique like a duck to water. :thumbsup:

thompson_clinic16.jpg

thompson_clinic17.jpg

Then came the fun of the night. Victor had his Gen1 Viper at the first Thompson Racing clinic I did. There were some scratches around his gas tank that I had told him would require wet sanding in order to remove. He was not about to break out any sandpaper on his ride and continued to work the area with the PC to no avail. Well, I decided that during this clinic, those scratches would have to go.

Here's the ride in question:

thompson_clinic18.jpg

And here's the damage:

thompson_clinic19.jpg

So out came the sand paper and at it I went. For some reason, there were a lot of jokes going around at this time. I must have been in a giddy mood!

thompson_clinic20.jpg

thompson_clinic20a.jpg

Here's the 2000 grit wet sanding damage:

thompson_clinic21.jpg

Here's the final damage with 3000 grit. I had to alter the second photo in order to show that completely removing the damage is not always advisable, especially if you don't have a paint thickness gauge. Once I buff out the damage, you won't see any remaining damage anyway.

thompson_clinic23.jpg

thompson_clinic22.jpg

And now for the money shot:

thompson_clinic24.jpg

thompson_clinic25.jpg

thompson_clinic26.jpg

And after the clinic was over, you know what time it was! :drool:

thompson_clinic27.jpg

We all said bye to each other and took a couple of shots in parting. Brandi and Sandra were a big reason we had as many people that we did. I can't wait to see Sandra again as my cookies were allowed past airport security and I had crumbs all over the airplane! I'm dying for some more of Brandie's "house party" iced tea. Man, that stuff was sweet the way you find it in the hood! :lolsmack: That banana pudding was to dis for too and I only had a rush job. I should have gotten some more!

thompson_clinic29.jpg

thompson_clinic30.jpg

That's all folks! :cheers:

The Junkman

YOU DA MAN! :banana:

I bet the owner of that red Viper was crapping his shorts when you got to working with the sandpaper. Excellent recovery. You must have brass kahones to tackle someone elses ride like that. Well done AJ. :bow:

Nah, I had Brandie and Sandra sitting in the parking lot with the SS running. If I had went through the clear coat, I was going to dive into the back of Brandie's ride and holler, FLOOR IT!!! :jester:

Actually the owner, Victor, already new about what I could do so he was more than willing for me to have a go at it.

BTW... I was at the Hershey Auto Museum car show yesterday and met a gentleman, Gerrad (sp?), that was very upset he missed some detail clinic in Doylestown. He also mentioned that some guy name, Junk "something" from Adams was giving it. :lolsmack:

It was funny when I showed him all my Adams products and told him I was there. Anyway, I'm very sure he is convinced that Adams is the way to go.

As a matter of fact when I was walking around the Museum, I spied one of the fellows wiping down the old cars. As I got closer the bottle was generic. But the SMELL was ADAMS! I asked him what he was using and he confirmed DS. I knew before he told me...

You broke out the paper after I left... Nice job.

I see Sandra was even playing with the snake. :lolsmack:

The blonde Boa you dirty old man!

Yes....Elliot took that python out of his cage-he was beautiful and all muscle. Nothing to be afraid of....he has had him ten years or so. Funny none of the men came over to see the snake....lol

Things like that when the host goes the extra mile means everything!!! Eric was so busy but not once did he get visibly flustered. He is da man and we are all so grateful for his hospitality.

Junkiebabes was a tireless trooper! We all joked and watched him work.... It was a.blast!

There are people in this world and then there are friends you choose to be family- the Adam's forum folks made it like a family reunion!

Leaving Brandi 's this morning to drive on back to North Cackilacky....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I don't pick up anybody....I got you in my passenger seat Junkiebabes! Top down and seats on cool so you don't sweat. I know you don't like to sweat! You might have to wear a scarf so your hair doesn't get messed up! Ha ha ha

I don't pick up anybody....I got you in my passenger seat Junkiebabes! Top down and seats on cool so you don't sweat. I know you don't like to sweat! You might have to wear a scarf so your hair doesn't get messed up! Ha ha ha

I think after this weekend, everyone knows that I don't like to sweat! :lolsmack:

A.J. , the clinic was amazing to witness and I thank you for the wealth of expertise you presented! I certainly learned alot, and can't wait to put the PC to use!

PS- My girlfriend also thanks you since the first thing I told her when I got home was "A.J. Told me to knock off that obsessive wiping down of the dust between washes!, You're creating sandpaper!" I guess she'll enjoy having me around more! LOL

Nice to meet you A.J. and looking forward to the next detailing party!

Archived