Customer Service 866.965.0400

R/C Truck Help!

THE Mook

Hey everyone, I know there are some really hardcore peeps on here and I am hoping to enlist your help!

My old man loves to tinker with his, er, loved to tinker with his Monster Truck Radio Shack special we got him a few years back. It broke when he perhaps was drinking and driving in his basement a couple nights back. He has been trying to fix what I think Flo from Progressive would have totalled by now.

My question is...are the costs of a lower end truck all reasonable across the board? IE Radio Shack vs a Hobby store? I know they won't be the same brands, and obviously, I am not looking for a Cadillac of R/C here!

Thoughts? THANKS!

Instead of a DUI he's getting a CUI (Controlling Under the Influence:lolsmack:)

Radio shack has a pretty sweet looking Jeep! They seem to be well built, and are pretty quick, I don't know how they are when run into a concrete wall though!:hi::lol:

Instead of a DUI he's getting a CUI (Controlling Under the Influence:lolsmack:)

Radio shack has a pretty sweet looking Jeep! They seem to be well built, and are pretty quick, I don't know how they are when run into a concrete wall though!:hi::lol:

My husband is an RC nut. He buys most of his stuff at the hobby shop but this truck came from Ebay. It was $200 cheaper than the hobby store.

DSC00006.jpg

Shop around. :2thumbs:

Thanks! I am gonna head to two different places this morning if I decide not to polish out some countertops...see, I need to be back here in the office in two hours, so I can grill lunch.

:thumbsup:

let me know what you find out.. when I get back on my feet I wanna get into it more..

I have a broken truck, and a car.. I bought them on eBay a couple years ago.. the car has an aluminum (I think) frame, but the trucks is plastic, which broke the other day.. I had it on the pool cover and when I went off the pool, it hit a bump and hit my tiki torch.. and the following happened..

IMG-20110407-00156.jpg

Check out Exceed R/C. They're hobby grade but very affordable.

A friend told me about Exceed a few years back and I bought a 4wd electric buggy from them. It was really bad. Now, I have heard Exceed has come a long way since then, but I still felt I should say something.

Losi is by far the best hobby grade RC in my opinion...durable and very easy to work on. I have a fully set up 1/8 scale Losi LST2 or a 1/16 scale Traxxas Mini-Slash that I might be willing to part with if your interested. The Losi is gas powered and beastly! The Traxxas is brushless electric and super fast! Both are all time 4 wheel drive and a ton of fun. I bought all of my RC's online, including all the spare parts and upgrades..mostly on Ebay..

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

I agree with the Losi praise. I have a Triple-X and an XXX-T (or part of it now) and they are my favorites. In my experience though, I have found that my Traxxas Rustlers, Slash, and Bandit are more durable than either of my Losi vehicles. Not nearly as good for racing, but they definitely don't break as much.

The great thing about these kinds of RC cars is that now matter how badly you break/smash them, they are repairable. And if you want, you can upgrade them for speed or durability when you feel like it.

Archived