Customer Service 866.965.0400

bugs in rad.

BUCKET

Question

doing much needed detail on my TBSS tomorrow and planned to pull the grille to clean some of the stuff up behind there. what is the best way to clean the collection of bugs from the radiator and condensor and such. heard before not to just hose it down cause you can shove it in further.

APC and toothbrush?

any good ideas?

23 answers to this question

Water and APC, let sit, then brush off. The water and APC should loosen the bugs enough that they come off pretty easily. Be careful not to harm the vains of the rad and cond.

Chris

:iagree:

You don't wanna jack up your vents for sure

When I was I child we had window air at home. I remember once bending all the vents on the unit. My father beat me so hard it it set my d.o.b. back two days

Unless your getting ready to attend the concourse show, just try and remove 99% and keep movin :burnout:

LOL. wow thats filthy.

You must be a virgin.....that ain't bad at all. :jester: Really these cars are like vacuum cleaners and suck up everything along the road. I should do the same thing to mine sometime soon.:2thumbs:

4eb8cdcf.jpg

c318fb98.jpg

2ac4303f.jpg

Last was just a quick pic to go grab lunch with the woman.

First two are of my heat exchangers for my air to water intercooled TVS 1900.

The secondary exchanger is the one hanging out in front. 4" fender wheel intake. Filter is at pass. Brake duct

When I was doing some work to my Corvette I pulled the radiator cover and seen a mess. I took my MetroVac 500 with the soft attachment and vacuumed it off. It got 90% of it off. Try vacuuming first then do what Brian said.

P1000482.jpg

I think the OP was looking at "how to remove bugs", not birdsnest :jester:

When I was doing some work to my Corvette I pulled the radiator cover and seen a mess. I took my MetroVac 500 with the soft attachment and vacuumed it off. It got 90% of it off. Try vacuuming first then do what Brian said.

P1000482.jpg

LOL. wow thats filthy.

taking it off for some pics anyway. tomorrow is first friday off since I cant remember. getting up at 4 am like I am going to work but getting started in the garage by shop light. when day light just starts to break.....out comes the foam gun. and its on from there

Chris, if I lived in FL, I'd be right there to help man!

:rockon:

taking it off for some pics anyway. tomorrow is first friday off since I cant remember. getting up at 4 am like I am going to work but getting started in the garage by shop light. when day light just starts to break.....out comes the foam gun. and its on from there

and I do have the metro vac. think it would be okay to use the wheel/engine detal brush to help after apc and sitting? up down staing consistant with the vains.....

that should work no problem

I think so, just don't bend any veins. If you do, I know they make vein straighting tools.

The only thing is I don't know if the brush will be stiff enough to remove the bugs. Just let the APC sit long enough to soften them up and it should work.

Let us know.

and I do have the metro vac. think it would be okay to use the wheel/engine detal brush to help after apc and sitting? up down staing consistant with the vains.....

that should work no problem

P1000482.jpg

Water and APC, let sit, then brush off. The water and APC should loosen the bugs enough that they come off pretty easily. Be careful not to harm the vains of the rad and cond.

Chris

Archived