Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone have an Ark?

Chewy

So our executive headquarters are VERY near the Mississippi usually, but are now somewhat part of the Mississippi. This is by NO means as bad as it was in 1993 or 2008, but we still have some water in our lots. Just thought I'd share some photos.

The river is usually about a 1/4 mile (as the crow flies) from our back lot.:willy:

We're in NO danger here though...

It was spritzing outside so I was having issues keeping my lens dry.

Chris

This flood is actually caused by the snow melting from up North in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Most people think it's rain related here, but it's related to the North.

Guest Jay.B

That could make for a bad day if it rains any. And that makes sense about the snow melting.

It has been a very wet spring so far and they are calling for more this weekend. The ground here is saturated, so anything that falls just turns into runoff. Runoff from the hills around here in WV can cause lot's of flooding issues. Even in places that normally don't flood.

We need an ark here as well because it just doesn't stop raining! Our forecast for the next 8 days has 1 day with no rain. It's ridiculous. No point in putting the insurance back on the Vette if I never get a day to drive it. It's been raining so long that the road crews aren't getting any breaks to sweep up the cinders and road treatments from the winter. Not a good spring.

It's nasty here, but that is just crazy. I know it was raining hard last week and my car almost got swept off the road by what I though was just an inch deep stream. It pulled me clear into the other lane; fortunately there was no one coming the other way.

You should buy one of those old Amphibicars or whatever they are called from the 60s. There are 2 or 3 in my area and during the 4th of July they always come out and cruise around the river. Imagine everyone else stopped because there is a large puddle like in those pics and you just keep driving, lol.

Archived