Customer Service 866.965.0400

For anyone questioning Metal Polish #1's abilities...

LDM

Question

My brother's truck has aftermarket aluminum rims that had not been polished in who knows how long. They had such heavy oxidation that even after a thorough cleaning with APC they still look dirty. In the videos, Adam himself says that the Metal Polish isn't designed for nasty, thrashed wheels, but rather ones in decent shape, and that same thing has been echoed by Dylan on here. I figured I'd give it a shot at these anyway. I knew hand polishing wasn't going to cut it so I broke out the drill and my oldest orange 4" pad. For anyone that wants to try this themselves, just know that you're going to ruin the pad. I didn't want to spend much time on the wheels tonight but just gave each one a quick pass to see what the polish could do. On a nice day we'll jack the truck up, take the wheels off, and polish them properly without having to worry about the lugs or center cap being in the way. Anyway, instead of rambling on, I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Here's what the wheels looked like before. Heavy oxidation marks, and absolutely no luster. Note that this is after being washed and scrubbed with APC.

P4220004.jpg

P4220002.jpg

P4220003.jpg

Here's some during shots:

P4220007.jpg

P4220008.jpg

Is that a gray 4" pad?

P4220005.jpg

Nope. Just a really dirty orange one.

P4220006.jpg

Finally, the results. The difference just one pass made is amazing. You can see the contrast in around the lug nuts where I didn't polish yet.

P4220011.jpg

P4220009.jpg

This is as clean as I could get the pad afterwards. It's now a dedicated metal polishing pad.

P4220012.jpg

In conclusion... Adam, you lied in your video. The Metal Polish does work on nasty, thrashed wheels. :rockon: Now I have to get some Metal Polish #2 so that once I get them all decent, I can bring out that extra pop. :glasses:

What does the rest of it look like ? I'm always up for a challenge :D

It's not in terrible shape. I've seen a lot worse. There are swirls and some scratches. A couple scratches are deep enough that wet sanding would be the only chance of removing them. Even then respraying may be the only answer. There are more pictures of the truck in this thread from about a month ago: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10698 but due to my inability to take good pictures, you can't really see much of the swirls (or maybe that means I do take good pictures :D) Like I said, the wheels were pretty bad because they came off an even older truck, and never really got the attention they needed.

Did you place the order yet, I really want to see what they look like finished :D:D:D

On second thought, along with Metal Polish #2, I should probably add more 4" pads to my wishlist. :lolsmack:

Len, sorry I lied....and I'm pleased that you made me a liar, and/or proved me wrong!

Looking forward to the pics of the #2...:2thumbs:

I think I can forgive you. :D:cheers: Just don't underestimate your products as much next time. They truly are the best. :thumbsup: I think the photos speak for themselves as testimony to that. The #2 will definitely be going on the wish list now. Not much metal on my G8 so I didn't have much need, but once we get these wheels shined up I think the #2 will make it look great. I'll be sure to take more pics. :glasses:

Archived