Customer Service 866.965.0400

getting rid of paint transfer

vizsla1822

Question

Traded paint with a dark blue Nissan Versa. It's on the left corner of the front bumper of my TBSS. The bumper itself is not dented, cracked or scraped but there is a lot of dark blue paint transfer. Any suggestions on getting rid of this paint transfer? The only power tool I have is an electric drill. I was thinking goof off or some similar product.

Thanks for your help.

9 answers to this question

I have successfully removed paint transfer with SHR and an orange hex hand applicator. You also might try using a PC to do the work if there is a lot. Do the usual SHR/orange treatment, and if that gets it off, then the FMP/white (or Revive and blue pad followup if by hand) and wax as usual.

^Both of the above:

Starting with the aggressive method first.

• APC
  • Clay
  • polish with Fine Machine Polish
  • polish with SHR or SSR (followed by FMP)

Of course stop at the step that removes the transfer, then you will need to re-wax that area.

Clay alone will take it off, but may take awhile. I routinely take off highway paint splatter but larger droplets will take a little pressure and some time, but you'll gradually see them start to get smaller and then be gone. You may indeed have to go to some SHR but as others have said, one of the two or a combination will work.

- Darryl

Archived