Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just Getting Started

tomringo

Question

Hi all, just getting started, have ordered my PC and now am trying to sort out the right materials to use. :help: I watched the Junkman youtube videos and that was a great help. However still have a couple of questions or maybe just worried about the first time use. My vette is torch red and the paint is in good shape except for - the junkman baggy test, need to clay bar and have a few swirls from washes but then I don't want to be too aggressive, which pad should I use and was planning on stating with the FMP or is that too aggressive?? Then the super wax, any help from you experts would really be great. Those that have polished vette is there anything I should be alerted to or tricks you learned... thanks all.

15 answers to this question

your on the right track, I would do a test area 2' x 2' with the white pad and FMP and check your results after each pass. If you acheive the results you are after then there is no need to step up to the orange pad and SHR. If you see little or no results, step it up to the orange..

Your off to a good start. You can start off with the least aggressive product(FMP and white pad) in a 2x2 area where there are the swirls. If after your done, you still see swirls, jump to the next aggressive product(SHR/orange pad). After a pass with an orange pad, your swirls should be gone.

Make sure to do a pass with FMP/white pad afterwards.

Without pictures it is hard for us to recommend a starting pad/polish. Pictures would really help us help you. And being a Corvette the clear coat will be extremely hard. Don't expect to do one pass and have it turn to perfection :thumbsup:

You should watch these video's too,

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

Other things like year of the car, is it garage kept and how many miles are on it can also be good info :rockon:

Pics please! And yes...start with a test area as these guys have stated. But also do a wash first and a full inspection of the paint. Identify any problems such as scratches or water spots. If you have one or two good scratches, personally I would, work on those first. Then proceed to do the whole car in the same manner as determined by the test area.

After the detailing is done and home from a driving day or trip, vs. washing, what is a good quick clean up to remove the road dust. Would that be the detail spray? Thanks

I would recommend Waterless Wash and the proper Towel.

I would recommend a full wash. Sorry there really is no safer way to clean the car especially after a long drive or trip. Road grime can cause havoc to your finish. WW for me is more for dust that may have settled on the car while parked or only after very short drives on clear days. I also use it to remove bird bombs.

I would recommend a full wash. Sorry there really is no safer way to clean the car especially after a long drive or trip. Road grime can cause havoc to your finish. WW for me is more for dust that may have settled on the car while parked or only after very short drives on clear days. I also use it to remove bird bombs.

Thank you Craig. And by very short drives, I'm talking to the end of the driveway and back. Once you drive a car, it is dirty. Using a quick detailer of any type is always a risky thing to do to your finish. You would be CRAZY to use one after a long drive.

Thanks to all, and especially Junkman, I've watched your viedos a couple of times now and am sure I will be checking them again. Just saw an email that my Adams polishes and cleaners should arrive by this Friday "hotta dog"! Again thanks to all. :bow:

Archived