Customer Service 866.965.0400

wheels and tires are "Adam"ized!

fortplainman

Question

So it was raining all weekend and that put a damper on me hand washing and waxing the truck, so i did the summer wheels/tires in the basement last night. Here is what I used:

Waterless wash and waffle towel(since they were just dusty from being put away)

4in Focus Orange Pad with SHR on portable drill with DS primed

4in Focus White Pad with FMP on portable drill with DS primed

Brilliant Glaze

Americana

VRT

They came out pretty darn good, only thing was i found a couple points where the pads on the lip went down to far and hit the spokes and had a couple burn spots, ill figure out how to fix them.

The other was the oxidation by the bolts on the simulated bead lock. I am not sure how to try and get rid of it. the only thing i could think of was maybe metal polish on a mothers powercone(since i have one and it is a really tricky spot to try and correct the oxidation), any thoughts?

now on to the pics!

BEFORE:

2011-04-23_18-53-34_225.jpg

AFTER:

2011-04-23_19-09-24_654.jpg

2011-04-23_16-57-03_309.jpg

2011-04-23_16-56-29_11.jpg

2011-04-24_11-17-18_421.jpg

YOU CAN TELL THE OXIDATION IN THIS PIC(QUESTION IS ABOVE):

2011-04-23_16-57-36_301.jpg

yeah i know i can wear them down faster, but i dont have the money to buy the wheels/tires for at least a couple years haha. plus i still like my diesels. on top of that id need to sell the set first before i got another.

Ya the Throttles are sick, I strongly considered them before I got the Diesels but they aren't avaiable yet (I think). Those would look good with a set of MTs on your truck... 4wd burnouts will wear your tires faster :lolsmack:

I wasn't 100% sold on a setup until I saw this truck

http://www.trucktoyzperformance.com/gallery/browser-blue.php?imageid=6486

I was always more into a setup like yours, 18s and 35s... but anymore 18s are getting just as pricey as 20s :( and 20s look right at home on the 07+

I wish I could have bought Kelyzz old setup.. the Welds and Claws were SOO sick :drool:

thanks brian! gotta clean the rest of the truck to shine like the wheels lol.

You are correct. Use M/F applicator to put it on, wait 20 minutes or so and remove. The key is to put it on thin like everything else.

i dont have a MF applicator, ya think the americana applicator would work? maybe my dad has some that i dont know of, every time i come home he has bought something else from adams, i got him hooked haha!

you can use it by hand? ill have to look around to see if theres anything different ya do to apply it by hand vs. by a machine. i think i remember you need like 20 minutes for it to set and then 24 hours for it to cure before being topped with anything else?

You are correct. Use M/F applicator to put it on, wait 20 minutes or so and remove. The key is to put it on thin like everything else.

you can use it by hand? ill have to look around to see if theres anything different ya do to apply it by hand vs. by a machine. i think i remember you need like 20 minutes for it to set and then 24 hours for it to cure before being topped with anything else?

yeah that garage needs some work lol but i was just home for easter weekend, back to college now.

my wheels arent metallic, but id say the BG was a good addition. this summer i am going to get a quote on some paint/bodywork, hopefully it isnt really expensive.

i remember reading that guys put on machine super wax, but since there was no pad for that with the 4 inch focus pads, i decided against it. not sure if it can be done by hand though, has anyone used this by hand on wheels?

You know, in all honesty, as great as Adam's wheel/tire cleaning products are, my wheels didn't really "pop" until I applied a final aplication of Adam's Brilliant Glaze on 'em.

This product is very rapidly becoming my [all-time] favorite care detailing product ..... ever!

Your wheels look great!

yeah you might be right. the ring is aluminum and i think the bolts are stainless. forgot about the reaction that could happen between them. looks like the only way out is to paint it like my sig :D

I think it would look even better if you painted them like your sig. :cheers:

That might not be typical oxidation, it may actually be galvanic corrosion. If those rings are aluminum and those bolts are stainless, this could be your culprit. I would suggest contacting the wheel manufacturer to verify that the bolts are made from the same metal as the rings, if not, those dissimilar metals could be the cause of your discoloration.

yeah you might be right. the ring is aluminum and i think the bolts are stainless. forgot about the reaction that could happen between them. looks like the only way out is to paint it like my sig :D

The other was the oxidation by the bolts on the simulated bead lock. I am not sure how to try and get rid of it. the only thing i could think of was maybe metal polish on a mothers powercone(since i have one and it is a really tricky spot to try and correct the oxidation), any thoughts?

That might not be typical oxidation, it may actually be galvanic corrosion. If those rings are aluminum and those bolts are stainless, this could be your culprit. I would suggest contacting the wheel manufacturer to verify that the bolts are made from the same metal as the rings, if not, those dissimilar metals could be the cause of your discoloration.

Archived