Customer Service 866.965.0400

FJ May Cause Sickness

Osok

Question

My buddy left me his FJ last week while he was in Jamaica. Saddly snow and rain here in Rochester for a week straight meant no chance of detailing the exterior. I did however do the interior through some chilly 40 degree temps in the garage.

I soaked the mats in the utility tub in some water, APC, and car wash mixture for about 3 hrs then scrubbed them with a firm brush and more APC.

I started by first sweeping out all the big garbage..no joke. Then used the metro vac n blow mini to vacuum up the inside.

The interior floor (note this entire vehicle inside is either plastic or rubber) I soaked down with APC and used a firm bristle brush again.

The doors, dash got cleaned with Adams Leather/Interior cleaner and Adams utility towel and then got treated with Adams red sponge and Leather Interior conditioner.

The floors and mats got a large dose of Adams SVRT.

Warning though..these before shots may induce vomiting vomit-girl-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000651-large.gif

Before:

insideb4_1.jpg

After:

insideaf_6.jpg

Before:

insideb4_2.jpg

After:

insideaf_5.jpg

Before:

insideb4_3.jpg

Afterinsideaf_2.jpg

Before:insideb4_5.jpg

After

insideaf_1.jpg

insideaf_3.jpg

Needless to say he was quite amazed with the turnaround. Saddly I'm not even sure he realized how dirty his truck was until I showed him the before photos and handed him a box and full bag of his things I pulled out of the truck.

16 answers to this question

Just be careful putting that stuff on the floors, it will get real slippery. Give it a good buffing with a MF to take some of that off after :thumbsup:

So its slippery while they're sitting driving?:burnout:

Actually for the FJ he's got thick deep treaded matts that go back over the top of the exposed floor that you see in some of those pics so slipping isn't worry. Although I do wait for the call from my buddy telling me he just slipped getting into his FJ:lolsmack:

My buddy left me his FJ last week while he was in Jamaica. Saddly snow and rain here in Rochester for a week straight meant no chance of detailing the exterior. I did however do the interior through some chilly 40 degree temps in the garage.

I soaked the mats in the utility tub in some water, APC, and car wash mixture for about 3 hrs then scrubbed them with a firm brush and more APC.

I started by first sweeping out all the big garbage..no joke. Then used the metro vac n blow mini to vacuum up the inside.

The interior floor (note this entire vehicle inside is either plastic or rubber) I soaked down with APC and used a firm bristle brush again.

The doors, dash got cleaned with Adams Leather/Interior cleaner and Adams utility towel and then got treated with Adams red sponge and Leather Interior conditioner.

The floors and mats got a large dose of Adams SVRT.

Warning though..these before shots may induce vomiting vomit-girl-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000651-large.gif

Before:

insideb4_1.jpg

After:

insideaf_6.jpg

Before:

insideb4_2.jpg

After:

insideaf_5.jpg

Before:

insideb4_3.jpg

Afterinsideaf_2.jpg

Before:insideb4_5.jpg

After

insideaf_1.jpg

insideaf_3.jpg

Needless to say he was quite amazed with the turnaround. Saddly I'm not even sure he realized how dirty his truck was until I showed him the before photos and handed him a box and full bag of his things I pulled out of the truck.

They look brand new, well done.

WOW!

Excellent job. Hope he buys you a few beers.

No beers but we usually trade off a bunch of free rounds of golf at the course where he's a memeber for me doing his truck each season.:cheers:

Holy cow! I can't wait to see the exterior pics when you get there man! That thing was trashed!

Do you have a gallon of SVRT ready for the outside?

Yea no joke..I used just about 1/2 a bottle just on the inside floors, trim and his back hatch area. The outside has all sorts of trim and a big *** roof rack. Going to be time for a new SVRT order after that.:willy:

Awesome job! Don't you love rubber interiors?

You're right most people don't realize how dirty the interiors get because they are in their cars everyday and the dirt gradually builds up. Then after a while or bad winter it looks like that.

Archived