Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applying MSW

bjoeaull

Question

So I understand putting it on with the pc, but what about the parts it cant get to. I assume applying by hand is the way to go. Do you guys go back and do that after the pc, or do you try to get the spots it can't get to first. Do you put it all on with pc and by hand, then take it all off or apply pc, then take off, then by hand for small area then remove?

23 answers to this question

I use the PC and full size pads for the majority of the car, but for the smaller parts like A, B, C pillars and other tight spots, I use the MF applicators to apply a thin coat of it.

I take it all off with either the double or single soft MF by hand. Any hard areas to remove, I use a spritz of DS or WCW on the towel.

Chris

Me too!!:cheers:

had a little time to spare today and did a little waxing on some of the jeep. I basically applied it by hand around where I thought I couldn't get with the pc, then went and used the pc, that way I knew the pc was hitting as much as possible. Worked beautifully, and the pc actually got closer to gettting everything than I thought it would!

PS. Its getting really hard to leave it parked in the garage so I can chop away at it as I get time. Its starting to look so good I'm dying to take it for a spin, good thing its been raining like everyday or I might have been tempted.

I forgot to mention, theres not many Sox games on here, the ones that are, I dont always watch because she is a Yankees fan and its not always pretty..

as far as football, I rarely see a Pats game down here.. even when they played Buffalo last season it wasnt on TV, they showed some random game..

NO!! The white pad is a light cutting pad.. applying wax with it is a NO NO!!

As suggested, use the PC to apply the areas you can reach with the PC, then hit the tight spots with a mf applicator or hex grip (americana or yellow) by hand.

Its not that MSW can't be applied by hand, its that if you try to to on big flat panels the uneven application can have a tendency to look blotchy. In small sections thats not so much of a concern. I apply MSW to my mirrors, door handles, A, B, C pilars and wheels by hand.

Cool, thanks!

What pad do you use when you use the focus pad? white?

Yup :2thumbs:

NO!! The white pad is a light cutting pad.. applying wax with it is a NO NO!!

As suggested, use the PC to apply the areas you can reach with the PC, then hit the tight spots with a mf applicator or hex grip (americana or yellow) by hand.

Its not that MSW can't be applied by hand, its that if you try to to on big flat panels the uneven application can have a tendency to look blotchy. In small sections thats not so much of a concern. I apply MSW to my mirrors, door handles, A, B, C pilars and wheels by hand.

There is no 4 inch gray pad anymore.

Wait... HUH???

For MSW it's the GRAY pad...

I wouldn't bother with the focus pads... Either use the focus pads by hand (done it) or use a MF applicator. You can get inside the door handles and under the mirrors and such MUCH easier.

Apply MSW to the WHOLE car and then remove... Americana is the one you do a couple of panels at a time. MSW can take 20-30 minutes to cure.

Yup :2thumbs:

Wait... HUH???

For MSW it's the GRAY pad...

I wouldn't bother with the focus pads... Either use the focus pads by hand (done it) or use a MF applicator. You can get inside the door handles and under the mirrors and such MUCH easier.

Apply MSW to the WHOLE car and then remove... Americana is the one you do a couple of panels at a time. MSW can take 20-30 minutes to cure.

I put it on all parts of the car with the PC. I do switch to the focus pads for the smaller areas. I wipe off with double soft towels. i usually do two or three panels, then wipe. My car is black so it does tend to haze over after gasses release. I wipe it down with detail spray a few hours later. And then a coat of Americana for that extra shine!

I use the PC and full size pads for the majority of the car, but for the smaller parts like A, B, C pillars and other tight spots, I use the MF applicators to apply a thin coat of it.

I take it all off with either the double or single soft MF by hand. Any hard areas to remove, I use a spritz of DS or WCW on the towel.

Chris

I put it on all parts of the car with the PC. I do switch to the focus pads for the smaller areas. I wipe off with double soft towels. i usually do two or three panels, then wipe. My car is black so it does tend to haze over after gasses release. I wipe it down with detail spray a few hours later. And then a coat of Americana for that extra shine!

Archived