Customer Service 866.965.0400

Forbes 2011 worst cars/trucks on the road list.

Chewy

Interesting take on what it takes to make the list. Really, I don't think that cost of ownership (ie gas guzzler) should be a factor though. That is something the buyer should have figured out going into the deal. No one buys an Escalade for it's reputation as miserly user of gas.

Reliabilty and safety? Sure.

I put zero stock in those lists. They're usually compiled by some low-level staffer who knows little about cars, the don't have any objective criteria, and they're so narrowly focused ("Hey, lets consider 1000 cars built for different purposes, price points, economies, etc. and distill it down to 10 names!) that in essence they're comparing apples to orange soda. :willy:

I'd also love to know how and where they get their info, the Esky and Tahoe hybrid share the chasis with my truck and a big deciding factor for me was the safety.

According to the Article:

"2011 Cadillac Escalade earned spots on the Worst Value, Highest Cost of Ownership and Worst Safety Performance lists. The 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid hung with the Cadillac for Worst Value and safety"

But According to the NHTSA crash tests:

Passenger: 5 stars

Driver: 5 stars

Side impact front: 5 stars

Side impact rear: 5 stars

So how is that they're on the list for safety reasons when the governments standard testing by which all vehicles are rated lists them as perfect in all impact categories?

I'd also love to know how and where they get their info, the Esky and Tahoe hybrid share the chasis with my truck and a big deciding factor for me was the safety.

According to the Article:

"2011 Cadillac Escalade earned spots on the Worst Value, Highest Cost of Ownership and Worst Safety Performance lists. The 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid hung with the Cadillac for Worst Value and safety"

But According to the NHTSA crash tests:

Passenger: 5 stars

Driver: 5 stars

Side impact front: 5 stars

Side impact rear: 5 stars

So how is that they're on the list for safety reasons when the governments standard testing by which all vehicles are rated lists them as perfect in all impact categories?

Is that the latest test though Dylan? The newer test is MUCH more intense.

See press release... It's older because I know the new Edge and Explorer passed it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/29/nhtsa-to-update-5-star-testing-process/

Chris

Thats 2010 data... and while I'm all for improving safety testing kind of seems bogus to evaluate vehicles designed under the old standards using new standards don't you think?

Thats like subjecting cars of the 1960's to an EPA mileage evaluations and ranking them low b/c the prius does so well

Thats 2010 data... and while I'm all for improving safety testing kind of seems bogus to evaluate vehicles designed under the old standards using new standards don't you think?

Thats like subjecting cars of the 1960's to an EPA mileage evaluations and ranking them low b/c the prius does so well

No I don't think so. Some passed. I think you have to make people aware that they don't meet the new standards. Heck... The newer Edge didn't until February 2011. Ford made some changes to the current roof structure and now meets those standards. The analogy you use doesn't work, because the cars from the '60s aren't in production anymore. These cars are.

I know the test was from 2010, but it WAS the newer guidelines that they used to do the test.

Majority GM cars. No wonder there in the crapper!

I was never a fan of Ford, but there making some really nice cars now!

Ford make some ok vehicles but just like anything they have their flaws. A buddy of mine has new 5.0 and already has a oil leak. But its the nature of the new designs. It comes with flaws just as the Camaro did when it first came out. Ill never buy a new design vehicle again until the second year of the design.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Majority GM cars. No wonder there in the crapper!

I was never a fan of Ford, but there making some really nice cars now!

So is GM and Fiat... Err I mean Pentastar... lol

No I don't think so. Some passed. I think you have to make people aware that they don't meet the new standards. Heck... The newer Edge didn't until February 2011. Ford made some changes to the current roof structure and now meets those standards. The analogy you use doesn't work, because the cars from the '60s aren't in production anymore. These cars are.

I know the test was from 2010, but it WAS the newer guidelines that they used to do the test.

so my wifes 2011 Edge that we got in Nov '10 doesn't pass? :willy:

so my wifes 2011 Edge that we got in Nov '10 doesn't pass? :willy:

Hahaha... Nope... I believe it passed the old test though. It's not like they're going to burst into flames... It's just that the test includes more areas which some vehicles weren't designed to pass. Does it make them unsafe? Heck no!

Actually, I just got a letter saying the computer can burst into flames and to take it in for the recall..

Nice! Our Enclave has an issue with the heated washer fluid... They're going to remove it from the vehicle. :( Heated washer fluid is actually pretty nice.

I am here to Agree with Dylan. Most of the Pacific Northwest has either an Escalade/Escalade Ext/Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Denali/Denali XL and I know literally dozens of people with these vehicles and except for some electronics quirks on the old ones they seem to be rock solid reliable. Hell my dad has had 3 new body style (07,08,11) Tahoe's and has put a combined 140,000 miles on them and hasn't had any of them break down on him (or any problems I can think of?). I'm not buying this being unreliable.

The company GM got the parts from for the heated washer fluid went under. There is an issue with the boards and they can catch fire. Chevy removed them last year and gave $100 to the owners who had it removed.

Archived