Customer Service 866.965.0400

And it has began...

AudiViruz

Question

Everything I ordered is here, but I'm going to need to get a few more things.

IMG_0781.jpg

This is how the car looked before, Yes I know it's was filthy.

IMG_0785.jpg

I know it looks like a car dealer. The Corolla is my beater, Subaru is sold and the mini van is my aunts and the Saab yes there's a Saab back there I'm fixing for a cousin. Lot's of car to try new stuff on.

First I washed to wheels

IMG_0792.jpg

Then the foam treatment.

IMG_0794.jpg

Dried and mist with Detail spray.

IMG_0795.jpg

I was finish for now but I had to try the PC so I clayed the trunk to see how it would look and look at what I found.

IMG_0801.jpg

It's the first time I clay this car. I bought it back in November of last year.

So I started with the yellow pad, then white pad and I could still see swirls so I moved up to green pad and yellow and white and look how it came out.

IMG_0800.jpg

That is not just a picture of the sky, it's the reflection off the trunk look at it it looks so clear.

But I did notice that there is still some more correction needed the clear coat seems to have etching, It looks like bird dropping that have etched into the paint and it didn't come off if anything it more noticeable now that all the swirls are gone.

If I repeat the process again could it come out or it it going to take something else?

I'm loving these product and now I know why some people want to drink this stuff.

My favorite product would have to be the detail spray, I'm going to need a gallon refill. I also notice that I'm using way more product than I need, still getting use to the fact that with Adams product I don't need to use so much.

I have to set aside a weekend to detail the whole car and I'm excited.

16 answers to this question

I tried taking pictures of the etching but they would not show up in the picture.

You may need to put something near the spot you are shooting to get the camera to focus - a finger, a pen, etc.

I was also thinking that a Wax could cover up the etching?

Probably not Wax, but if you have Brilliant Glaze it may help cover them.

I have some etching from bird droppings and love bugs (from my pre-Adam's days) - it is almost through the clearcoat. I have even tried wet-sanding with 3000 grit sandpaper, but no change.

No I did not. Should I? I'm not too worried about these wheels, I'm going to be using them for Winter wheels with Snow tires. If your asking because of the Clay that came off the Trunk!!!

Yea I thought You did because of the condition of the clay!

Great start! :2thumbs:

It is possible that the etching will not come out, but post up some pictures of the area (the macro setting on the camera will help get some up close shots) and we may be able to give better opinions.

I tried taking pictures of the etching but they would not show up in the picture. I will try again maybe at night with a LED flashlight. It really looks bad but not noticeable to the rest of people. My neighbors must have thought I was going crazy,(there I am looking and staring at the trunk of the car with my face a inch off the paint looking for something, going back and forward).

I was also thinking that a Wax could cover up the etching?

Great start! :2thumbs:

But I did notice that there is still some more correction needed the clear coat seems to have etching, It looks like bird dropping that have etched into the paint and it didn't come off if anything it more noticeable now that all the swirls are gone.

If I repeat the process again could it come out or it it going to take something else?

It is possible that the etching will not come out, but post up some pictures of the area (the macro setting on the camera will help get some up close shots) and we may be able to give better opinions.

Looks very nice, in no time you'll have the car as you want it.

My pic to the left here is a reflection on my laft door on my 08' black Rav4.

Amazing how good products make for a great outcome.

Keep posting pics as you go along.

Have Fun!

Wow, Great job.:2thumbs:

That clay bar looks disgusting!

Great before and after pics!

The car is so bad that I didn't have to use the bag test I could tell by using to back of my hand, it felt and sounded like sand paper. I will need to clay to whole car. It's going to take a long time and lots of Detail spray. But I'm so happy with the PC.

Archived