Customer Service 866.965.0400

is it possible to wash but "Not be Washed"

3PedalMINI

Question

I washed my DD yesterday, foam gun 2bucket etc. It hadnt been washed in two weeks so it was disgusting. I shot it with foam twice, let it soaked in for 10 or so minutes to loosen the dirt, hosed it off then shot foam again.

I then used the sheeting method and proceded to dry as normal. I shot the car down with DS and began at the roof. first wipe It was very "rough" looked down at my Great White drying towel and much to my dismay it was covered in dirt:help: I then quickly dumped my buckets out, filled them up and promptly washed it again like i always have.

I then proceeded to dry again and had the same exact issue ALL OVER THE CAR. Mind you, my "dirty" bucket was disgusting the first time but not the second time. I know what i was doing to my paint by wiping the finish with this grime all over it. I am mortified and stumped.

When i did dry it i noticed it didnt "dry" but more like moved water and you could see where the waterspots were. I havent done a correction yet on this but plan to this week. I took care in constantly flipping my drying towels but it honestly looked like I took my toweles in my garden and dumped dirt all over them, i cannot figure out WTF is going on.

Products were all adams, bucket, washpad,soap etc....Please:help:

11 answers to this question

Me either. Thats weird.

I just washed a REALLY dirty GENCOUPE yesterday(pics of the detail will be up when completed) and it came out good with 2 foam cannon washes and 1 pass with the small washpad. I then clayed the car and removed any other dirt. The clay was disgusting. Im contemplating on throwing it out.

Maybe you should have done a pass with the claybar? Is it possible your picking up the tinny little specs of dirt the clay would have?

my bet is that the wind was blowing pretty hard and depositing dirt on your finish between the washing and drying steps..

either that or your not spending enough time on your initial rinse of the car and washing too lightly to remove all the dirt..

my bet is that the wind was blowing pretty hard and depositing dirt on your finish between the washing and drying steps..

either that or your not spending enough time on your initial rinse of the car and washing too lightly to remove all the dirt..

No see, thats the thing i washed when it was very calm out i first hit my cars down with the foam gun to help loosen up the dirt then take my firehose nozzle to rinse off all the residual foam and dirt. This process will take me 5-10 minutes alone and i make sure i hit every square inch. I then hit the car again with foam and proceed washing with my soapy and "dirty" buckets.

It is the strangest things and i cannot, for the life of me figure out how and why this is happening. My first wash bucket was disgusting when i washed the car again both buckets were clean. This was all over the car, didnt matter where i wipped there was dirt on the finish.:confused:

Ive always washed my cars and never ever had i had an issue like this. Is it possible my MF washmit (adams) has done its duty and its time to break open a new one? When i wiped the car down it was very "hard" to wipe. But after the residual water evaporated (like i said in my OP that the towel wasn't really absorbing the water rather then pushing it around) my finish was dry and glossy.

Perhaps something in the air? You say it was calm but maybe a neighbor had been kicking up dust with a lawn mower or something and it just happened to settle on your car. Were you really careful when you washed it with the wash pad? Maybe you just didn't put enough pressure down and not all of the dirt came up.

Perhaps something in the air? You say it was calm but maybe a neighbor had been kicking up dust with a lawn mower or something and it just happened to settle on your car. Were you really careful when you washed it with the wash pad? Maybe you just didn't put enough pressure down and not all of the dirt came up.

nope, im sure that noboddy was kicking up dust because noboddy does a thing except sit inside:lolsmack: ive washed it the same way ive washed all my cars, I use the weight of the wash pad rather then "pushing" it into the paint...always have done this and never had an issue:confused:

Has it ever been clayed ?

Nope, going to this week. Is it possible me using the foam gun and letting it sit loosened the dirt enough that wash mit didnt pick up but the drying towel did?

Is it possible me using the foam gun and letting it sit loosened the dirt enough that wash mit didnt pick up but the drying towel did?

I know it sounds far fetched but it's the only thing I could think of. The thing that made me think that was the 5 hours I spent claying my truck yesterday. I was really questioning my wash technique when I started claying. I used a leaf blower now I really wonder what I would have seen if I had used a GWDT.

I have experienced something similar, was even going to post about it. For me, it's because I was trying to be so careful not to put swirls on the paint that I was basically just sliding the pad across the paint with no pressure at all (no foam gun beforehand). I used a leaf blower and finished drying the car with the GWDT. I looked at the towel and it was dirty.

So then I connected the dots and realized that I was being too careful with the wash pad.

Archived