Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: 2004 F150 FX4

Well I ended up doing a full exterior detail on my truck today. Man my back and arms are killing me willy_nilly.gif

Products Used:

Car Shampoo

Professional Pad

Jumbo Wash Pad

Waterless Wash

All Purpose-Cleaner

Fender Brush

2 Bucket Wash Method

Detail Spray

Detail Clay

Severe Swirl Remover & Green Pad

Swirl & Haze Remover & Orange Pad

Fine Machine Polish & White Pad

Machine Superwax & Grey Pad

SVRT

Foam Blocks

Pro Tire Applicator

TONS of MF Towels

I started with a rinse of the exterior especially the window trim and seams to get all the gunk out of there. Then I went to work on the wheels and tires.

DSC_0153.jpg

Started by spraying the All Purpose Cleaner on the fenders and tires (Only in SC would it be 55* this morning then 90* later excuse the sweatshirt and board shorts lol.gif )

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

Rinse:

DSC_0159.jpg

Took the truck into the Garage after drying off the vehicle with the GWDT and WW as a drying agent. I did a panel at a time of IPA wipe off then clayed that panel.

I inspected the paint and decided I needed on the Hood 2 passes of SSR, 1 pass of SHR, and 2 passes of FMP. The hood was by far the worst! eek.gif

Here are the results!

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

Then attacked the trim. I have been meaning to do this for some time! The trim around the windows and the fender flares were super faded!

Fender Flares

DSC_0168.jpg

Window Trim

DSC_0169.jpg

After a few minutes of using APC and a toothbrush this is what the trim looked like.

DSC_0170.jpg

After one layer of SVRT the trim just soaked it in. I had to do it about 3 times

DSC_0175.jpg

Here is the results after cleaning the fender flares with APC then applying some SVRT look at the difference!

DSC_0177.jpg

Then I tried what Dylan told me to try on Matte finish wheels. I applied some SVRT on the face of the wheels as well as the tires! It took me over 10mins a wheel to get them to look like this. I may try to dilute some SVRT with some water and spray it next time.

Best pic I could get. I need to work on my Photography skills!

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

Then went after the mirrors and grille

DSC_0183.jpg

Factory grille after 7 years in the sun, it was super faded

DSC_0184.jpg

I really need to get some In & Out Spray to get those mesh parts

DSC_0185.jpg

After shots, I was too tired to drive it and go somewhere for better shots lol.gif

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

I am getting used to this detailing thing thumbup.gif Adam's Makes it easy!

EDIT: Just saw I missed the lower grille area with SVRT. :mad: I'll get it tomorrow!

Thanks guys, and I am one of the few Blue Ovals here on the site so I have to represent :D

awesome job! :thumbsup:

those tires look like they would be a pain to clean and dress...

You don't even know! I really don't like the sidewalls on these tires, but they came with the wheels. I'll upgrade to Trail Grapplers or Dura-Tracs in the next few months

Truck looks great. I've had those d'oh! moments too when you get done and realize you've missed an entire spot. The SVRT does such a great job that it makes the difference that much more obvious when you look back on it.

Thanks guys, and I am one of the few Blue Ovals here on the site so I have to represent :D

You don't even know! I really don't like the sidewalls on these tires, but they came with the wheels. I'll upgrade to Trail Grapplers or Dura-Tracs in the next few months

I highly recommend the Dura-Tracs. Truck looks awsome. :drool: Just started working on mine yesterday. I'll right here buy your side reppin for the blue oval when I'm done.

Archived