Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Full Detail on the Mustang

musclejunkie

Question

:patriot:Here is my unofficial review of the following Adam's products used for the first exterior detail on my new Mustang:

Car Wash: - Superb, Outstanding, simply the finest available

DS - Ditto

Clay Bar/DS - Ditto, only very minor, barely noticeable marring. My car before clay was rougher than a night in jail!!!!!

Revive - applied by hand - Dissapointing, did not remove any micro scratches or swirls, nor did it alter or deepen the grabber blue color. On a side by side comparison of my trunk lid...no difference. I'll keep it to clean and prep the hard to reach areas I can't reach with the PC.

BG - Also disappointing, did not enhance the factory finish whatsoever, side by side comparison, but on windows....WOW, I'll keep it just for that!

FMP - Great product, removed minor micro scratches and minor haze beautifully with three passes @ 3.5 and three passes @ 4.8 on the PC.

Americana - Durability? Time will tell, but went on easily and nice wet look finish. Can't honestly say it is the finest or glossiest product I have tried. Would really like Adam's to come out with a clear liquid sealant with added UV protection.

VRT - Biggest surprise product. Tires look awesome, but didn't do much for my hard plastic trim (the trim is fairly new). Rubber fantastic, plastic - the jury is still out.

Undercarraige spray - On a Mustang not much wheel well exposed, but it made what little there is pop. Great!

Glass Cleaner - No streaks, good product for what it is intended for

Microfibers and pads - waffle weave, single white, super plush and blue...Fantastic quality and all cleaned up great.

bucket caddy - I'm 55 and it made detailing the sides of the car a breeze

Hopefully I will be able to post some pic's. Overall, I wasn't too surprised with the outcome of these fine Adam's products after using the DS and Car Wash last fall and winter. For hard clear coat finishes, I think Revive, applied by hand is pretty much ineffective. The VRT is probably best on weathered trim as opposed to new trim, but is incredible on rubber. Sorry if I offended anyone with the few negative points - just an honest assessment.:rockon:

:willy:I would hope they wouldn't have to read instructions. Me on the other hand........

I should have given you a helpful answer, sorry about that, I was still on my first cup of coffee ;)

Someone can correct me here if I'm wrong but I believe the intent of the instruction on FMP, not what is actually printed, on the bottle should more closely match what is intended. And this is my interpretation from watching video's, using the products and talking to Adam's employees.

The polish should be spread on the area to polish with the PC set at speed 3. Once the polish has been spread the speed should be changed to 5 and the polished worked at that speed until it is fully broken down.

:lol: Ya dig! Cool color name .... Revive Blue! Adam should use my car to demonstrate the Revive! Maybe he could get it to work better than my effort with it. :D I think this car has a hard clear coat, which is good in some respects, but a bee atch to detail.:lolsmack:

Yes I washed the car and trim before the detail and yes the car IS Grabber Blue which is non-metalic. I have posed a question to Ashley and Adam's and waiting for their answer on the BG.

In all fairness, the car is relatively new, so the trim has not aged. It is hard plastic, not vinyl and I really do not think it absorbs the VRT to any degree. Rubber on the other hand takes VRT very well and all I can say is WOW! I'll keep using it on the plastic to protect it from UV damage.

Two comments for you.

First - you said the VRT didn't impress you on the trim. Did you clean your trim with APC before applying the VRT? That might help.

Second - You were disappointed with the BG on your blue. One reason could be that the paint wasn't fully corrected. Or the fact that the blue isn't metallic. I know on flat black and metallics it pops.

Humbly I admit, not too shabby for my first PC Adam's Detail. I'm sure my technique will only improve. Wasn't too sure about the product turning to a Vasaline consistancy. Might have used too much DS or not enough FMP, but the product looked the same after the first pass as the last pass. Whatever, the result was absolutely no swirls haze or micro-scratches. I have two or three tiny marrs to clean up on the entire car from the claying. I'll 50/50 IPA those spots and hit it with the 4" pads I just ordered today.:patriot:

I wonder if what you were trying to achieve by using the Revive, needed more attention, maybe with even SHR.. even though the car is so new, that doesnt mean it doesnt need the correction with the PC and SHR..

pics of the finished car would be nice :jester:

The VRT is probably best on weathered trim as opposed to new trim, but is incredible on rubber.

Don't quit using this on your new trim, it will keep it looking like new trim!

NOT FUNNY!:loser:

After a winter of watching Junkman and Adam's Volume 6 and posting questions on the forum, NOW you're telling me to NOT to read the instructions?:lolsmack::lol::lol:

I bought the Revive and SHR, thinking I'd detail my pristine Mustang by hand. :o Either I'm a wimp, or that clear coat is mighty hard. The FMP worked flawlessly. Hopefully I will not have to use the SHR in the future, cause that would have added a day to my two day detail.

Do you ever see one of them reading the bottles in the video's :D:D:D

Ok, so I went and grabbed the bottles. I'd ignore everything written on there, it's all wrong :lol::lol::lol:

NOT FUNNY!:loser:

After a winter of watching Junkman and Adam's Volume 6 and posting questions on the forum, NOW you're telling me to NOT to read the instructions?:lolsmack::lol::lol:

I bought the Revive and SHR, thinking I'd detail my pristine Mustang by hand. :o Either I'm a wimp, or that clear coat is mighty hard. The FMP worked flawlessly. Hopefully I will not have to use the SHR in the future, cause that would have added a day to my two day detail.

Thanks for that write up.

If your not happy with some products, you have the 110% money back guarantee.

I've never tried bg on the windows. Doesn't it wipe off after when you use the glass cleaner?

I know about the guarantee, but as I stated, I can still use the products in certain areas of my car. My car was almost flawless to begin with other than the rough paint contamination. On a pristine newer car with hard clear coat, the Revive and BG are probably less noticeable.:confused:

With the amount used on my windows, the BG will last a lifetime. I'll glaze the windows as necessary after washing the car.

The Adam's clay is the finest one I have tried (Mothers and Turtle) resulting in far less marring with the Adams / DS combo.

The PC settings were printed on the FMP bottle and worked fantastic.

The Revive IS advertised on the bottle as a pre-wax paint cleanser and also stated on the label is that it removes minor swirls and scratching, unless I misread the label. If you are Hercules, it "might" remove some finish imperfections.:lolsmack:

Maybe I should read the bottles sometime :lolsmack:

Is your Revive Blue ?

Just a couple observations.

Using clay will induce marring, it is just the nature of the beast, always polish after using clay.

Just curious, where did you come up with running FMP @ 3.5 and 4.8 on the PC ???

Also Revive is not designed to remove micro scratches or swirls, it is a pre-wax cleaner, you shouldn't expect to see a difference on a side by side.

The Adam's clay is the finest one I have tried (Mothers and Turtle) resulting in far less marring with the Adams / DS combo.

The PC settings were printed on the FMP bottle and worked fantastic.

The Revive IS advertised on the bottle as a pre-wax paint cleanser and also stated on the label is that it removes minor swirls and scratching, unless I misread the label. If you are Hercules, it "might" remove some finish imperfections.:lolsmack:

Archived