Customer Service 866.965.0400

And another one bites the dust...

GaresTaylan

Question

Figured I would share my thoughts as today I received my first ever order of Adam's products. Have to admit I was skeptical. On my old car.. Meguire's was about as hard core as I got with detailing and I always thought it did a pretty good job. I had a silver vehicle - and guess I never really knew what I was missing. Now that I have a black vehicle... man I can see every single bit of dust and dirt on it. So glad after all of this that I have only let Adam's touch my car so far.

I told myself that I would get myself a nice kit and try Adam's out - after all you cant beat the 110% guarantee. I also told myself that is as far as it would go. Well... so much for that. Thanks to Adam and his demonic products I am now a convert and am going to be forced to spend more money. :help:

I was amazed at what I was able to do with the few items I received and encourage anyone that is on the fence about trying Adam's to jump in head first. The only regret you will have is how much more you crave going further. Here is what I ordered:

1) Daily Special: Adam's Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner & Glass Sealant Combo w/ a FREE Bonus App and FREE Bonus Glass Towel

2) Adam's Car Wash Trio

3) Adam's Detail Spray Collection

4) Adam's Waterless Car Wash-16oz

5) Adam's In & Out Spray Dressing

6) Adam's Microfiber Waterless Wash Waffle Towels-2 Pack

7) Adam's Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels-2 Pack

I tried everything except the waterless wash. I'll save that after a slightly rainy day. The detail spray is truly worth its weight in gold - how did I ever live without this stuff?? I think the only product that didn't blow me away was the In & Out Spray.

And here are a couple of pics. Sorry about the lighting - it was getting dark. Personally I think this turned out great considering I didn't polish/wax and used shampoo only on the wheels.

5-9-111.jpg

5-9-112.jpg

Next up is definitely going to be a wax/polish kit. I can't believe how clean Adam's made the ride... so clean to the point where I can see every swirl/scratch now. Any suggestions on which to get and go from here?

18 answers to this question

that is one smart looking Mustang oh i would love that sooooooooooo much:rockon::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I agree with Bill 100%. I have just convince my brother-in-law and a friend with a 34 Ford to buy the kit. They bought the kit for about $329 and I think they will love it. I will be helping my brother-in-law next week in NC while on vacation bring his pickup back to life. I have had my PC now for 4 years and I love it more every year. You will too with that bad black machine. It sounds like you want perfection so you have come to the right place! Here's a pic from a couple of years ago after we finished my brothers SRT8 Charger.

So I am thinking that I may pick up the Complete Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit. Given the price - is it really worth it - especially with a black car? Do need to try and keep cost in mind and if I can achieve a similar result using a cheaper hand polish kit I would prefer to do that. At the same time though, I dont want to spend 3 or 4 times as long hand polishing only to achieve low to moderate results. My vehicle is generally under a car port when at home, but we do not have a garage. I have to be prepared that my paint simply wont be able to be kept flawless like Junkman's seems to be. Thoughts??

I think you have answered your own question, for a black car a PC is almost a must have. Unless you have a ridiculous amount of free time for hand polishing :2thumbs:

I've had to piece my pc kit together slowly because of my money situation though buying everything at once will save you some money personally just couldn't neglect my car that long :) Make sure to use the code "thejunkman" at the end of your order to get a discount. In my next order I'm purchasing the supreme shine kit to give my black car that black glass look.

LOVE YOUR CAR!!!! DAYUM! But DEFINITELY invest in the PC kit. You'll never regret it one bit. If you cleaned it and you're seeing swirls and scratches, that'll bug ya ..it goes with having a black car. The easiest way to stay on top of those swirls is the PC. Grab and get to polishing. It's not that tough and the results make your black baby look even sweeter!

using a pc offers a much better correction than hand polishing. you cannot achieve the same results by hand that you can with the pc.. it is definitely a worthwhile investment and IMO a must have for a black car..

as far as SVRT, your tires and trim will love you for it..

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. This seems like a great community. I spent a couple hours last night watching more of Junkman's videos. I have learned a lot in just a short period of time.

I have actually been giving machine polishing a thought with the porter cable. I was ridiculously careful when I washed my car and followed instructions using a grit guard and the 2 bucket method to the "T." Unfortunately I'm thinking that when the dealership did their "15 minute wash/wax" before I picked up the car they were likely using the same towel and pads they had used on 10 other cars that day. I have swirls and scratches everywhere and lots of impurities that i think I will need to remove with clay.

So I am thinking that I may pick up the Complete Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit. Given the price - is it really worth it - especially with a black car? Do need to try and keep cost in mind and if I can achieve a similar result using a cheaper hand polish kit I would prefer to do that. At the same time though, I dont want to spend 3 or 4 times as long hand polishing only to achieve low to moderate results. My vehicle is generally under a car port when at home, but we do not have a garage. I have to be prepared that my paint simply wont be able to be kept flawless like Junkman's seems to be. Thoughts??

Im sure I will at some point wind up grabbing the Wheel & Undercarriage kit, too. The long term investment of the boar's hair brush sounds like a great idea and by the looks of things the Super VRT is a must.

Very nice Joe!

Next up is definitely going to be a wax/polish kit. I can't believe how clean Adam's made the ride... so clean to the point where I can see every swirl/scratch now. Any suggestions on which to get and go from here?

Super VRT Tire & Trim Combo - APC cleaner and Super VRT tire and trim dressing plus applicators.

Archived