Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Super Wax Residue?

jem556

Question

I have never used Adams products before (possible Griot's convert here :)). Does one need to be careful about getting the Machine Super Wax on black plastic parts, ie does it leave residue? TIA

16 answers to this question

Like mentioned above, if you get wax on any plastic it easily comes off with a little APC. A wash after claying isn't necessary, but you could if you want to. I personally don't wash after a clay!

Have fun, take some before and after shots :2thumbs:

Putting them in a sealed bag for a few hours (like you can do with a paint brush/roller) should be fine. Keeps them from drying out.

Get yourself a bucket ready for the pads when you're done. Put a little APC in the water, and toss the pads in to soak (I put the Grit Guard on top of the pads to keep them from floating).

However, once the pads are cleaned, DO NOT put them in a sealed container until they are completely dry.

also put the bag and pads in the fridge, I believe that helps too..

Ok, I was up late doing a little polishing.. I did not was my pads last night because I knew I would be back at it this am, I did however put them in a plastic bag.... Is there a problem with using these or should I get the new ones out till I get these washed? Sorry for the NuB questions..

Putting them in a sealed bag for a few hours (like you can do with a paint brush/roller) should be fine. Keeps them from drying out.

Get yourself a bucket ready for the pads when you're done. Put a little APC in the water, and toss the pads in to soak (I put the Grit Guard on top of the pads to keep them from floating).

However, once the pads are cleaned, DO NOT put them in a sealed container until they are completely dry.

Ok, I was up late doing a little polishing.. I did not was my pads last night because I knew I would be back at it this am, I did however put them in a plastic bag.... Is there a problem with using these or should I get the new ones out till I get these washed? Sorry for the NuB questions..

I don't wash after the clay bar session. The pads, for polish, are primed with DS. I really don't see the need for that extra step in an already lengthy process.

Welcome, and post pics when done!

Thanks! I Guess it's ok to leave the residue of the ds on over night after claying if need be?

I would imagine as long as it's inside it wouldn't matter much. Put it this way, I have not had any issues doing it that way.

Agreed! :thumbsup: Dust DOES like to settle though so be aware of that.

Chris

Make sure if you're doing a paint correction to tape off the plastic bits or places you don't want polish to go.

Good luck!:)

Chris

Thanks! I Guess it's ok to leave the residue of the ds on over night after claying if need be?

Sounds good, getting started on the clay tonight.. the plan is to polish tomorrow, just read about the residue that is possible and it freaked me out a lil. I plan on having the laptop close by and follow the Junk Man:bow:

Make sure if you're doing a paint correction to tape off the plastic bits or places you don't want polish to go.

Good luck!:)

Chris

Sounds good, getting started on the clay tonight.. the plan is to polish tomorrow, just read about the residue that is possible and it freaked me out a lil. I plan on having the laptop close by and follow the Junk Man:bow:

If you leave it on there it will dry and show the residue, but if you wipe it off fresh you'll be fine. It's great stuff!

Oh and welcome! I've used some G brand in the past and IMO the customer support here is MUCH better.

Chris

Archived