Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dirt sticking to paint after wax?

miami_vice454

Question

after polishing my truck, i also applied the machine super wax with the porter cable, and lastly i used the Americana Wax. after this, the truck came out GREAT. smooth as glass and shine like a mirror. the next day however, i come out to the truck and run my hand across to feel a BUNCH of tiny bumps that have stuck to the truck. these "bumps" disappear though and is back to perfect when i either wipe with towel or simply spray with water. but the next day again same thing happens. it has not been that bad lately though. maybe i didnt get all the wax residue off? maybe its the humidity and air particles (i am in Miami)? please any help would be greatly appreciated.

20 answers to this question

thanks, the DS does take it right off but its not dust, its STICKING to the paint almost. when you run your hand across, it smears...and after using the DS it seems to not do it as bad

Are you parking under a tree or fairly close to one. I have the same problem with my truck. There is always a ton of tiny tiny drops on it, I have no place outside without parking under a tree. Garage is occupied.

That's another part holding you back. MSS (Was MSW) needs 12 hours to setup, only after that can you wipe off and apply americana and then the wcw. If the 12 hours doesn't suit you just apply some BG and then go directly over that with americana :2thumbs:

You do the initial wipe down as soon as MSS hazes over. You THEN wait 12 hours to do an additional wipe down. After those two steps you can layer over MSS.

Mine's doing the same thing. It's like a dust magnet. I clayed, MFP then MSW and parked out in the wide open with no wind. An hour later it was really dusty. I agree with what was posted earlier about the static charge. How do we get rid of the static charge after applying MSW? Oh, I applied MSW and waited 20 minutes before wiping with Adam's Premium MF towel.

That's another part holding you back. MSS (Was MSW) needs 12 hours to setup, only after that can you wipe off and apply americana and then the wcw. If the 12 hours doesn't suit you just apply some BG and then go directly over that with americana :2thumbs:

Mine's doing the same thing. It's like a dust magnet. I clayed, MFP then MSW and parked out in the wide open with no wind. An hour later it was really dusty. I agree with what was posted earlier about the static charge. How do we get rid of the static charge after applying MSW? Oh, I applied MSW and waited 20 minutes before wiping with Adam's Premium MF towel.

A Waterless Wash wipedown will help with the electricity you are bringing to the paint.

not under a tree, but about 20 feet from one. but it does it with my other truck too that is parked not close to a tree

I would say wind. My truck over the last week has had this problem as well! I hate that my truck sits outside!!

im new to this, sorry, what is WCW and DS

WCW= Waterless Car Wash

DS= Detail Spray

You did clay bar the car or do the baggie test before breaking out the polisher correct?

The DS and WCW will help with the dust buildup on cars that are left outside but use it carefully as you can sometimes put light scratches when cleaning with those 2. Just the nature of the beast.

The truck is parked outside all the time.

Theres your problem.

A breeze comes thru and theres sap, dust, and all other manner of crap airborne thats gonna settle on the paint. Heck, a guy spraypaints something in a 5 block radius and you'll catch his overspray. Its nothing to do with the wax... thats just the world as a whole dropping junk on your paint.

The truck is parked outside all the time. we are 15 miles from the ocean. I let the Machine SuperWax setup for about 30 min's before wiping off. Its white in color Dylan may be right i will do a Waterless Wash wipedown tomorrow.

You should always wait at least 12 hours, and do a wipe down, before layering anything over MSW :thumbsup:

My first thought....how long did you let the Machine SuperWax set up before you wiped it off? What color is this "dirt"? Dylan recommends doing a Waterless Wash wipedown after Americana to reduce the electrical charge on the paint. I personally have tried that, and to be honest, DO IT!

BUT, let's get you taken care of first.

Archived