Customer Service 866.965.0400

No applicators...can I use PC to apply Americana?

Dougs2SSRS

Question

Sooo, apparantly i didn't know not to use glass sealant on Americana applicator pads (even though I washed them out it completely destroyed them), and I really wanted to apply Americana/BG tomorrow. I obviously don't want to use Autozone etc pads. Can I use my PC like applying machine wax somehow? The only other applicator I have is the leather conditioner one. Ugh!

Thanks for the help guys!

19 answers to this question

Doug,

I have the Americana applicators in stock. I am heading down the Paul Masse Corvette Show in R.I. on Saturday. I will throw a couple of the applicators in the car. If you know someone that is going to the show have then hook up with me. My cell # 603-759-2595. Or I will be back to my location by mid to late afternoon in Manchester. If I can help let me know.

Norm

Ta-daa, another local dealer to the rescue.

Hey Norm, it was great meeting you last week.

Bruce

Why can't someone just use the Americana with a PC and grey pad? Just pop the Americana out and rub it on the pad lightly or push the pad into the Americana.

Not saying you can't... just seems like more effort than its worth to dislodge the wax from the pot without cracking or scrape out enough to treat each panel.

Keep in mind there really is no benefit to be had... its not a polish, its not being worked or broken down... in the end it would just be another way to spread the product out. Also, b/c it should only be applied a few panels at a time then removed you'd be constantly switching between the machine and removal.

I guess whether or not its worth the added effort to find a way to do it would depend on the individual. Personally, I think its so easy to do by hand that it just makes sense to stick with it that way.

My first thought is that APW is so dang hard, getting it to work with a machine may be difficult.

My second thought is that it's a Premium Paste Wax. To me that screams something that should be applied and enjoyed by hand.

If you have a clean Buttery App, you can use that.

Mayben -

It's crummy out today but I will try to get a quick wash and pictures with the droid camera. Nice thing about working at the rental car place is I can use a garage and water during lunch! (And no, I would NEVER NEVER NEVER use any of the "cleaning" supplies we have here!!!) :lolsmack:

Norm, I'll def be using you soon. I did find 1 applicator I had in my trunk, cleaned it and used it. I will post pictures soon. My grandfather came to my parents house while I was there and he said "It's so shiny I had to touch it!" I'm glad he didnt tell me where because I'd be out there with the PC!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Doug,

I have the Americana applicators in stock. I am heading down the Paul Masse Corvette Show in R.I. on Saturday. I will throw a couple of the applicators in the car. If you know someone that is going to the show have then hook up with me. My cell # 603-759-2595. Or I will be back to my location by mid to late afternoon in Manchester. If I can help let me know.

Norm

Archived