Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Upgrade

SteelJones

Hi All,

I am in the process of swapping out my stock wheels on my 2008 Mercury Milan. The old wheels will stay with me and be mounted with winter tires. The new Menzari Custom Wheels arrived this afternoon. All I need now is the hub rings that I ordered and I will get these on the car. I cannot wait to see the difference; I think the new rims should be a vast improvement over the stock offering. :banana:

STOCK WHEEL

MENZARI CUSTOM WHEEL

That'll look good! While you have them in the house, put a coat or two of MSS or other wax on it.

Chris

I don't have any Machine Superwax just yet, does buttery wax offer any benefits to a wheel at this point or is it strictly cosmetic?

I don't have any Machine Superwax just yet, does buttery wax offer any benefits to a wheel at this point or is it strictly cosmetic?

Ok but remember... It's Machine Super Sealant!!! ;) MSS...

Buttery is good too! Wheels REALLY benefit from a good sealant with the abuse they take from heat and brake dust...

BW would need to be applied more often.

Chris

Ok but remember... It's Machine Super Sealant!!! ;) MSS...

Buttery is good too! Wheels REALLY benefit from a good sealant with the abuse they take from heat and brake dust...

BW would need to be applied more often.

Chris

Thanks for the heads up... still trying to grasp all of the acronyms used on the Adam's board...

Nice, same bolt pattern as mine. Im selling some chrome lug nuts if your interested. special design so it makes them impossible to steal.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12100

Blue Gen... I'll keep you posted. The seller of these wheels also sent me a lug and lock kit for these wheels at no extra charge. Problem is he sent them separately, so now I have to wait a few more days to mount these wheels. Hopefully the locking lug kit will provide me with the same security. :xfingers:

Hi Guys,

Well the wheels are on the car, but I am still having one annoying problem. I have not posted any photos of the wheels to this link because the car is filthy. I will do a quick detail tomorrow morning and post pictures of the new wheels on the car tomorrow.

On to my problem, does anyone have any experience with Tire Pressure Monitor Systems (TPMS) and Fords? NTB and a very reputable Tire shop with a Master Certified Technician are unable to "wake up" the tire monitors I had installed today, so I am driving a car with an annoying "Low Tire Pressure" warning light that is not accurate. :help:

I have been told that the only way to fix it is to take it to an authorized Ford dealer since they may have the correct scanner communicating at the right frequency to "wake up" all four sensors and override the error message. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

That'll look good! While you have them in the house, put a coat or two of MSS or other wax on it.

Chris

By the way, Chewy what % of tint did you go with on your car? Now that I have my rims mounted I am thinking of getting my car tinted next weekend, but I don't want to go dark enough to be hassled by the police!

Did you try unhooking the batt. for 10 minutes to see if she will reset on her own?

Brian I had a Master Certified mechanic on the phone with a Ford Master Certified mechanic for hours and they went through every reset procedure known to Ford. They even wiped the system clean and let the car sit for 30 minutes and it still would not relearn.

The mechanic told me that one of two things is going on... NTB may have damaged the new sensors during the install, or his scanner doesn't communicate at the frequency required by Ford to reset the sensors. I have no idea, but I am hoping that Ford can tame their own product when I bring it to them.... :xfingers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adams Gang,

The Milan's wheel sensor issue has been resolved. I took the car over to the Ford Dealership this morning and they determined that I actually had one bad sensor. I brought four replacement sensors with me, but as it turns out they diagnosed the bad sensor popped off the wheel and replaced the sensor in about 20 minutes. They charged me $20.00 and I was on my way with no more "TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT" error messages on my heads up display... :banana:

Hi Adams Gang,

The Milan's wheel sensor issue has been resolved. I took the car over to the Ford Dealership this morning and they determined that I actually had one bad sensor. I brought four replacement sensors with me, but as it turns out they diagnosed the bad sensor popped off the wheel and replaced the sensor in about 20 minutes. They charged me $20.00 and I was on my way with no more "TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT" error messages on my heads up display... :banana:

Good to hear man. After reading your post's, I can't believe it took that many "Master Mechanics" to determine a sensor was bad! :lolsmack:That's insane. I'm glad it worked out for you though....some time's these compute/sensor faults can drive people crazy.

Good to hear man. After reading your post's, I can't believe it took that many "Master Mechanics" to determine a sensor was bad! :lolsmack:That's insane. I'm glad it worked out for you though....some time's these compute/sensor faults can drive people crazy.

I have learned the error of my ways. I think that NTB initially screwed up the sensor and the second so called master mechanic was not as good as he claimed. When I took the car to Ford today they diagnosed and fixed the problem in under an hour! From now on I will take the car to the dealer for this sort of work!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived