Customer Service 866.965.0400

Took care of the Black Tundra From Hell!!

kdii02

Question

Spent pretty much all weekend on my truck. It was badly swirled, and had a ton of holograms, and contaminates. Mainly from the terrible dealer prep last year, some time at the body shop, and incorrect attempts to make it look better with other products..All previous attempts failed!!!

Had a feeling though that things were about to change.... :)

Did everything from Wash, Clay, :pc: Correction, all the way up to Brilliant Glaze over Americana. These are the results.

269767_2128822627558_1455734100_2337088_3911687_n.jpg

263821_2106911559795_1455734100_2332744_1117950_n.jpg

264523_2106820837527_1455734100_2332738_6711499_n.jpg

My fav here, reflection of the sun and clouds:

268033_2106922240062_1455734100_2332745_7321433_n.jpg

268811_2107008762225_1455734100_2332750_2576047_n.jpg

I have never used such amazing products in all my many years of detailing. Thank you Adam for your hard work, videos, and determination to put these products on the market for guys like me, Dylan, Ashley,Junkman, Eric and the guys at Thompson Racing, and all the forum members I have corresponded with, for the support and confidence that my truck could be "Corrected" using the right products and some motivation!!!!!!

The only problem I ran into was now all the neighbors want their cars done! lol

:cheers:

19 answers to this question

BG over Americana will NOT hurt durability at ALL!!! You can go over or under Americana.

Chris

I believe it was Dylan who said it could shorten the life span of the Americana to some degree if put over, due to the solvents used to cure the BG if I remember correctly.

To what degree I don't know but I'd love to know for sure.

Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt the SSR is needed. It's meant for the VERY thrashed finishes out there. SHR will be MORE than enough I'm sure.

My next DD is silver or white! WORD!

Thanks man. Yes, No more black paint for me either!!!!!! Back to Silver for my next adventure!

Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt the SSR is needed. It's meant for the VERY thrashed finishes out there. SHR will be MORE than enough I'm sure.

My next DD is silver or white! WORD!

Thanks Chewy!! Good to know that, Well I guess it's back to 2 bucket wash, this weekend and I'll start with FMP in a small area and work my way back. Hopefully I wont need to go all the way back to SSR, But I will if needed. I'll use my new yellow hex applicator for the BG this time. Black is EVIL!!! LOL

BG over Americana will NOT hurt durability at ALL!!! You can go over or under Americana.

Using a cheap applicator COULD have hurt you though. Black is EVIL!!! I know... I own one too.

Chris

I'll be doing it over... Looks like I made a rookie mistake somewhere. It rained on and off yesterday and now the truck looks terrible.. It's swirled up again!! Hmm I think my first mistake was BG over Americana instead of Americana on top, so I possibly lost some protection? Second mistake was using a non-Adam's brand microfiber applicator for the BG. I didn't have an extra Americana applicator or yellow applicator around and I used an older MF applicator I had laying around. It must have damaged my correction work. My Double and Single softs were absolutely clean and new. "It looked amazing and then it rained"... I'm sure we have all been there. Any suggestions would be great guys thanks!! I'd assume when done right, our perfect finishes are lasting more than one rainstorm? I know it's my fault somewhere.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks Everyone!!! Glad to have your support!! It is alot of black paint to correct. Hopefully it stays pretty for a while with the proper maintainence and improved wash techniques. I must have cursed at myself and wished for a much smaller car about 80x over the weekend!! :lolsmack:

Just start telling the neighbors that you'd be happy to correct their paint, and it will only cost the $500. That gets most of them to go away and never ask again :jester:

The truck looks great, nice job :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived