Customer Service 866.965.0400

DS effect on BG?

jem556

Question

13 answers to this question

I don't think so either, but neither is a particularly durable product anyway. Are you doing a final show car prep onsite?

I started using BG under a coat of Americana, since it acts as a filler to minor imperfections. Been getting GREAT results that way. Others use it OVER a coat of MSW (MSS) for the same reason.

I was wondering the same thing. Sub'd!

Others use it OVER a coat of MSW (MSS) for the same reason.

Sorry, don't mean to thread jack but how long should you wait after removing MSW till you put on BG?? I know there is a 12 hr window but is that only if you plan on putting on another coat of MSW?

Does a DS wipe down remove BG?

Not entirely, but it will take some of it off... pretty much ANYTHING where you'll be wiping the paint will degrade BG. It doesn't bond like a sealant or wax does, but its not designed to.

If you're worried about it, after the DS wipe down, throw on a fresh coat of BG.

You should wait 12 hours before putting Americana or BW over MSS. I don't know this for sure but I would wait on BG too.

MSS requires cure time, but BG doesn't.

Not entirely, but it will take some of it off... pretty much ANYTHING where you'll be wiping the paint will degrade BG. It doesn't bond like a sealant or wax does, but its not designed to.

If you're worried about it, after the DS wipe down, throw on a fresh coat of BG.

:iagree::iagree:

Would you suggest putting Brilliant Glaze before and over Americana Wax. I'm wondering if the BG will degrade or remove the Americana. I want the wettest shine possible on my Black Grand Sport. Would you suggest just putting Detail Spray over the Americana ?

Thanks,

DFA

Would you suggest putting Brilliant Glaze before and over Americana Wax. I'm wondering if the BG will degrade or remove the Americana. I want the wettest shine possible on my Black Grand Sport. Would you suggest just putting Detail Spray over the Americana ?

Thanks,

DFA

BG will degrade faster if put on top of anything. That is way it is suggested to put it under Americana. And it will degrade the Americana a little, but not that much. If you want a little more 'pop' to your black paint, put BG on top of the Americana after a few weeks. And DS has gloss enhancers in it, so that never hurts!

Archived