Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Residue

Synergy

Question

I used Adam's Americana yesterday on a client who owns an E55 AMG. When it came time to put a coat of Americana on, there was A LOT of residue left behind. What is the reason for this to happen? Although I was in the shade, it was hot outside. Does this have anything to do with storing the paste wax anywhere instead of the fridge? Thanks

12 answers to this question

I used Adam's Americana yesterday on a client who owns an E55 AMG. When it came time to put a coat of Americana on, there was A LOT of residue left behind. What is the reason for this to happen? Although I was in the shade, it was hot outside. Does this have anything to do with storing the paste wax anywhere instead of the fridge? Thanks

I doubt that it had anything to do with product storage. My guess would be maybe the surface temperature of the car. May have dried it hard and fast making it difficult to remove.:hi:

Can you be a little more specific by what you mean by 'residue'?

Was the product not wiping cleanly from the surface? Was it streaky? Difficult to remove?

Also how was it applied?

Panel by panel or did you do the whole car and then come back to remove?

Did you apply thick or thin?

What was the approx. temp when you were applying?

When applying the wax, residue was coming off the application pad.

Was the product not wiping cleanly from the surface? Was it streaky? Difficult to remove?

The product removed fine. Nothing out of the norm

Also how was it applied?

Panel by panel or did you do the whole car and then come back to remove?

Did you apply thick or thin?

Thin layers panel by panel.

What was the approx. temp when you were applying?

75+/- degrees

Sounds more like you had old product build up in the applicator... I've had that problem when I haven't done a thorough enough job cleaning it. Little bits of wax "dust" go everywhere.

Actually... it was a brand new applicator :confused:

Archived