Customer Service 866.965.0400

223,000 mile engine bay...

bucky119

Question

Here is my 2000 caddy deville, its lived a very rough life under the ownership of people that just drove it and showed no respect for a cadillac, yet alone a car, or their investment (it blows me away how some people treat there vehicles). I just recently purchased it about 5 months ago and finally got around to detailing the engine yesterday, as you can see it was quite the mess.(took me 5 months because I had to deal with numerous mechanical issues, a misfiring cylinder had me on the hunt for a month straight trying to locate the issue...they drove on 7 cylinders for roughly a year...how can you ignore the blinking check engine light for that long? not sure...) Yes it does have 223,000 miles on it, mainly driven to and from work (80 mile daily commute) every day for work and went on family trips all over the west, the car definitely shows signs of wear...if you guys dare to see what it looks like id be willing to show you...but its not something for the weak haha.

16 answers to this question

Only 223,000!:jester:

Looks real good!!:2thumbs:

It's been a ways thats for sure! Rides like a cadillac (weird how that works? haha) especially after its been in my hands, ive never worked on a car so much before in my life!

Nice come back under the hood. Whats the rest of the car look like?

The worst part of the car is mainly the front end, after all the driving he did, and not caring for the paint, it basically didn't care for him haha. Every other problem that It had before I bought it has been fixed but the only thing that needs done is the paint, but honestly with 223,000 miles, it just isnt worth it haha. It'll cost me more to paint it than I paid for it! :jester:

I tried to find a picture of the back passenger side along the back door, but my camera didn't catch the scratches... supposedly when he was in California someone left him a nice keyed scratch along the side, not just one scratch but about 4 runs back and forth and back and forth, taking off all the paint down to the metal. It runs to about the back taillights to the passenger door.

WOW!!! 7 cylinders for a year!!!!:help:

Yeah 7 for a whole year...not to mention they drove it from idaho to california at the beginning of last summer and then idaho to arizona at the end of last summer...all on 7 cylinders. Cadillac can pull that off because it wont spray that cylinder at all, it basically puts it self in "limp along mode" so he had about 80% less power than normal and loss about 10mpg than normal. After finally finding out the issues I addressed many other things than needed help and now its back to 100% power and getting 28mpg daily on the highway! :rockon:

To be more specific, it's the foaming tire dressing (sorry, just realized I didn't say that in the original reply).

Alright ill have to give that a try and see what happens, thanks again!

I have had good results with spray-on tire dressing to clean the hood liner.

thanks for the tip im gunna give that a try now!

To be more specific, it's the foaming tire dressing (sorry, just realized I didn't say that in the original reply).

Nice turnaround Dan!

What chewed up the fan shroud? Was it dried out that bad?

I'm not to sure didn't get the story behind it, it was so cooked though that it was just falling apart. I believe he tried to get it off to take the headlights out, and im guessing he broke it and just layed it back on there. I don't think you can tell in the pictures but there is nothing holding it on, no screws no nothing, it just sits there, so I'm just gonna leave it out since it takes away from the overall appeal.

thanks for the tip im gunna give that a try now!

Nice turnaround Dan!

What chewed up the fan shroud? Was it dried out that bad?

Might of been a rodent:confused::confused:I have seen squirrels do worse!

Archived