Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which of Adams products gives the wet look shine to black paint?

sjb89

Question

Hi, I am a new member and just found out about the Adams products detailing line. I have a BLACK 2006 trailblazer SS and it has factory paint that has the micro swirls in certain lighting. What product will give me the deep WET LOOK shine that black seems to need. I would like to do it by hand if possible. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and I look forward to enjoying this helpful web site.:welcomebanner:

THANKS EVERYBODY! I really appreciate the help. It is nice to know that there are so many nice people out there who are willing to share there knowledge. This is an awesome forum and i can't wait til my ADAMS products arrive to shine on! STEVE

Yeah i see your point. i do wish the ltz came with sunroof and navi even tho i wouldnt use the navi since i got a garmen and we take the cobalt for the long hauls anyways. BUT i could still have bragging rights:banana:. Thats a nice looking black cherry, i thought you were kiddding when you said it wasnt black to steve, guess you just know how to shoot the shutter:thumbsup:

Bill, I knew you had good taste in trucks but that was a beauty. Whats up with the trade for the new completely different color scheme silvy. Looks like you already had the ltz pack with 20's and BLACK:2thumbs:

That one wasn't black, just a well polished and waxed Dark Cherry :thumbsup:

It was an LTZ but it didn't have a sunroof and in dash NAV. Plus I liked the new things they had added like Bluetooth and iPod connectivity :D

I agree clay it asap and adams clay is the best bang for the buck, but add some detail spray to that order with a gallon refill. The DS(detail spray) is the best all around DS i've come across.

Bill, I knew you had good taste in trucks but that was a beauty. Whats up with the trade for the new completely different color scheme silvy. Looks like you already had the ltz pack with 20's and BLACK:2thumbs:

The products that i have ordered for starters so far are: In and Out Shine,Brilliant Glaze, Revive Polish,Americana Wax,Glass sealant Kit,Micro Fiber Drying towel. I know this is just a tease as my "NEEDS LIST" keeps growing. I will probably be ordering in the near future a P.C. polisher kit, firemans nozzle, washing supplies, trim dressing,detail brushes, microfiber towels, clay kit, chrome polish,.....! This is truly addicting,but in a good way. The ADAMS PRODUCTS WEBSITE makes it so easy and convenient to use, it is hard NOT to buy this stuff. I am very anxious to start polishing with these newly discovered products. I found out about them while on an ACURA forum website. Those guys were saying excellent things about the products, so i investigated. And here i am! I will be picking up a new 2011 ACURA MDX tomorrow. The color is called POLISHED METAL METALLIC. it is a dark silver. The first thing i will do after cleaning is try AMERICANA WAX. I can't wait to have fresh paint to experiment on! I will report back to share the results. STEVE

Congrats on the new vehicle! Keep in mind that even though it's a brand new vehicle you might need to hit it with a clay bar. After doing the baggy test to my 2011 Optima SX I felt a little bit of bumps on the finish.

WOW!!! You guys have some AWESOME looking rides. I love the photos! If anyone else has photos loaded in there camera and can post them ,I would enjoy that. I am not sure how to do it. I have a mac powerbook computer and i am an amateur computer guy. I will try to figure it out. Seeing all the beautiful pics ,really motivates me . Thanks again everyone in advance, STEVE

Nice start to your Adam's collection Steve!

I would recommend picking up a gallon of Detail Spray and All Purpose Cleaner. You can never have too much of either, as both have multiple uses on the car and around the house. If you get the APC, get an empty bottle so you have one at full strength and one at half APC & half water.

The products that i have ordered for starters so far are: In and Out Shine,Brilliant Glaze, Revive Polish,Americana Wax,Glass sealant Kit,Micro Fiber Drying towel. I know this is just a tease as my "NEEDS LIST" keeps growing. I will probably be ordering in the near future a P.C. polisher kit, firemans nozzle, washing supplies, trim dressing,detail brushes, microfiber towels, clay kit, chrome polish,.....! This is truly addicting,but in a good way. The ADAMS PRODUCTS WEBSITE makes it so easy and convenient to use, it is hard NOT to buy this stuff. I am very anxious to start polishing with these newly discovered products. I found out about them while on an ACURA forum website. Those guys were saying excellent things about the products, so i investigated. And here i am! I will be picking up a new 2011 ACURA MDX tomorrow. The color is called POLISHED METAL METALLIC. it is a dark silver. The first thing i will do after cleaning is try AMERICANA WAX. I can't wait to have fresh paint to experiment on! I will report back to share the results. STEVE

THANKS EVERYBODY! I really appreciate the help. It is nice to know that there are so many nice people out there who are willing to share there knowledge. This is an awesome forum and i can't wait til my ADAMS products arrive to shine on! STEVE

Now you are understanding why most of us are here and its not just the forum its the products as well. I love driving down the street seeing other black cars and saying "look honey who's got the best shine":D What did you order and most of all, we all want pics preferably some before but mostly some afters:2thumbs:

In my (brief) experience, FMP is the setup for a great finish on a dark car so you gotta take all the steps necessary to get there, then apply the finishing products. I think FMP may be more important than what wax products you use. Even the micro-marring you get from SHR will make the finish a little duller no matter how much wax you use. I think the true "wet look" is a function of good clay, good polishing finishing with the FMP, followed by Machine Superwax to seal and add longevity, Brilliant Glaze to fill any micro-scratches, then two coats of Americana, the second coat to bring tears to your eyes.

136205797.jpg

136205793.jpg

Americana and BG for sure!!! Buttery Wax seems to work well for me too as I experimented with that last weekend. Agreed with Dylan's post though, you'll want to spend lots of care and time in the correction process, so that by the time you go to use Americana or BG or Buttery wax, they will just be icing on the cake of perfection!!!! :) Also, don't be afraid to experiment with all the products and find the one that works best for you!!!

As seen in those pics is a prime example of why the pc is key to flawless black. Fortunately and unfortunately u got black paint so you can cover up the flaws temporarily(usually till it rains or next wash) or you can spend the extra bucks and get some premium results thats youll drool at again and again. Take it from a previous hand polisher get the pc and enjoy that shine man:bow:

There is no one product that will give you that look... to get it involves a number of products, and more importantly a good process.

You'll need to clay, polish to clean and correct the finish first. No matter what you use as far as waxes and sealants go, if you don't first fix the paint you won't have deep/wet reflections.

Once the paint is corrected you'll be wanting Americana Paste Wax... thats our deepest/wettest looking wax and what i used on my TBSS when I had it. Also, since then we've come out with Brilliant Glaze which is an added step that takes that look further.

Heres some pics of my TBSS treated with Americana

DSC_5394.jpg

DSC_5400.jpg

DSC_5403.jpg

DSC_5410.jpg

DSC_4984.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

DSC_4976.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

Images in this link to my thread are with NO sealant or wax... Purely corrected paint.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=113466&postcount=43

Here's a link I did to a video... Kind of boring, but it shows what you can achieve with Adams.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=125132&postcount=52

By hand you wont get 100% correction but by hand you can use the brilliant glaze, americana and possibly revive polish to reach your goal. I will say if you have black paint and want absolute perfection go with the pc kit. As a black paint career guy myself getting into the pc was the best thing ever. The brilliant glaze will hide some defects but the big orange ball in the sky dont lie and the pc and fmp beats the heck outta the big orange ball everytime.:thumbsup: and :welcomebanner:

Archived