Customer Service 866.965.0400

Porter Cable 7424xp Question

sjb89

Question

Hi, Does anyone know if the Porter Cable 7424XP polisher has a button that locks on the power so you do not have to hold the trigger on all the time. None of the descriptions show it. Also, is the machine with the backing pad available to purchase from ADAMS seperately? This way i can buy the items i need and not double up things i already have which is what would happen if i bought a kit. Thanks, STEVE:2thumbs:

5 answers to this question

So far as buying the PC with only the backing plate? Trust me, having an extra set or two of polishing pads is never a bad thing. All the pads take at least one full day to dry out after cleaning and the white pad holds onto water like a camel crossing the desert. I have one extra set of pads and probably need one more for the way I work when polishing my car.

Hi, Does anyone know if the Porter Cable 7424XP polisher has a button that locks on the power so you do not have to hold the trigger on all the time. None of the descriptions show it. Also, is the machine with the backing pad available to purchase from ADAMS seperately? This way i can buy the items i need and not double up things i already have which is what would happen if i bought a kit. Thanks, STEVE:2thumbs:

Hey Steve,

Like the others have mentioned, the PC isn't a trigger operated machine. Just a speed dial (1 thru 6) on the lower part of the body and a simple ON/OFF switch.

As far as a machine and backing plate separately, no... we don't sell them alone. Fact of the matter is we don't make any money on the PC. After covering shipping in and assembly of the backing plate, etc. its just about a break even for us... we sell them b/c they're needed to use our other products, not because we're making huge profits on them. Other retailers out there have blown the bottom out of the PC market and without any MAP regulations. There are some selling the machine for literally only a $ or 2 more than we pay for them.

The upside is that we cover the machine with a 110% LIFETIME guarantee... much better than the standard 1 year you get from the manufacture.

If there is a kit thats close to what you need, but maybe want to substitute some items for different things then we can certainly make that happen. Just give us a call on the toll free number or drop us an email and we can make arrangements for you:

866-965-0400 Monday - Friday 6am - 5pm PST

or Tips@AdamsPolishes.com anytime!

Archived