Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bionic Bugs

xlr8rvette

Question

Anyone else think the bugs are tougher this year?? I posted about the Lexus having bugs that were difficult to get off ( ended up using APC which worked, then rewaxed area). After that had problem with bugs on CR-7. Even the APC didn't get them off. Ended up using PC with white pad and revive. Thought got them off but later noticed remnants still there. (I'm waiting for my order with the focus pads to try to finish removing

them).Then this evening after washing Vette noticed it has been attacked by Bugs. I tried APC, revive by hand, brand x bug remover and even WD-40 all to no avail. Then, experimenting on mirror, used PC with orange pad and SHR.This seems to have worked. As soon as current Adam's order with new pads arrives, which should be tomorrow, will finish bug removal with this method, then re-polish, glaze and wax the effected area.

The perplexing thing is that I am 69 years old and have always been a clean, shiney car guy able to deal with bugs. But right now these bugs are horrid. Hope I don't have to PC the bugs off and rewax every time I wash the cars which is almost every week !!

Maybe the time has come to buy a Bra or for Adam to offer a bug getter ridder ! Anyone else notice the bugs are worse than before ??:help:

10 answers to this question

LOL, this is funny. I took my red truck up to my daughters yesterday. Coming back last night it was like a machine gun pelting my truck on route 84 in New York. Just because I am a nut I started counting this am. I got up to 517 bug mashes and stopped. Lol.

All the rain causes more bugs to be born and here in Texas around Houston area there ar e bugs called Love Bugs and they are like cement and if you got get to them fast your paint is toast almost. Nasty buys mother nature created, did'nt God know that bugs are bad for our nice paint jobs, lol.

Anyone one used bounce sheets or fabric softnar sheets wetted with warm water and I hear the bugs just come off easy? My only concern would be moving forword with any product applications.

I have used them and they work. I use the bug spounge that you get at a car parts store and get it wet and put Adams car shampoo on it and rub down the front end with theat and let it soak until I am done washing the rest of the car.

Archived