Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stainless Exhaust Cleaning and Polishing Thread

Chewy

Hey guys! This year I've had to do my details a bit different than usual. I've done them all in steps. An infant son will do that to you. lol

So this weekend I hammered out the exhaust tips.

These are stainless Magnaflow tips.

Items used:

Adams APC

Adams #1 & #2 metal polish

0 and 0000 steel wool

Finger applicator (unknown brand)

Adams Utility Towels

Adams MSS (machine super sealant)

2 pairs of nitrile gloves (gotta keep the mits clean)

The SVRT was put on the plastic rear cowl.

First wash down with APC, then grab the 0 steel wool and wipe the tips down dry which removes most of the carbon and dirt. Then I follow up with #1 MP with 0000 steel wool. Then I follow up with #2 MP on my finger applicator and polish them up. The final cherry on top is an application of MSS to seal in that shine. :glasses:

What you see below are before, half way done and afters.

post-30-136818051185_thumb.jpg

post-30-13681805119_thumb.jpg

post-30-136818051194_thumb.jpg

post-30-136818051199_thumb.jpg

post-30-136818051203_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Chris! Now I know how to finish off my G8 GT tips. Of course now I have to order MPs #1 & 2. :willy:

Any new pics of the little one?

BTW: I just finished a couple hours in a 104 degree garage. I used the Focus pad kit and fixed the taillights and the shelf under the trunk lid. A recent trip to Menard's had bags of topsoil dragged over it, DOH! Now, she's all clean from WCW and the rear end and lights have a double coat of Americana on them. I almost forgot, I sealed the glass today too.

Thanks Chris! Now I know how to finish off my G8 GT tips. Of course now I have to order MPs #1 & 2. :willy:

Any new pics of the little one?

BTW: I just finished a couple hours in a 104 degree garage. I used the Focus pad kit and fixed the taillights and the shelf under the trunk lid. A recent trip to Menard's had bags of topsoil dragged over it, DOH! Now, she's all clean from WCW and the rear end and lights have a double coat of Americana on them. I almost forgot, I sealed the glass today too.

Ahh yes! The reason I had them put clear vinyl in that spot!

I just took his 9 month shots today!

Sent from my iPhone4 using special algorithms and data nodes!

so the wool is a new conceppt to me. It doest scratch? Im working with magnaflow tips to and all though they look good after mp 1 and 2 there is still hardened grit that i notice

As long as you're careful what you use it on, it works great. Grab the same as me and have at them! It makes the job go a lot quicker!!

I don't notice the exhaust tips :confused:

All I see is how friggin awesome the paint looks :drool:

THANKS!! Adams shine!

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice. I need to get some of that steel wool for the mufflers. I have been using the 1 & 2 on them and polish but I think they could come out better.

I have the Corsa cat backs. Sure makes the car look GRRRR8 form the rear when the mufflers and tips are all polished like that.

c13aab53.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Man the paint looks so gorgeous. Looks ridiculous.

Question, is that a V logo on the pontiac.

The V logo comes off the Commodore SS which is what our car is in AU. Some put it on the left side and some on the right. In AU it's on the left side but the driver is on the right, so I switched it to the right since we're on the left. Much like an M logo on a BMW is here.

Stock, the G8 said Pontiac G8 on one side and GT on the other. :willy:

Chris

Thanks for the kind words on the paint and tips.

Why Pontiac put GT on the left then G8 on the right side? since they named the car the G8GT. Must be a stupid GM thing.

I think the car looks lots better debadged and having the Aussie emblams on. People don't have a clue what kind of car it it, which I like, Priceless. :)

Archived