Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam Corolla's "The Car Show" Starts Tonight!!

Team Adam's

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Z1T6XU1AuY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FE25kaEg-EQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

‘The Car Show’ Premiere Episodes

As The Car Show, the ultimate car lover’s program hosted by comedian Adam Carolla, gets cranked up for its premiere on Wednesday, July 13, here are quick synopses of the first three episodes:

Episode 1 – Kill the Lemon

The race is on as Adam, John, Matt and Dan race in the “24 Hours of Lemons”, a highly competitive endurance racing series where cars cannot be worth more than $500 and cheating is encouraged. Then, they’re off to the Mojave Mile, where once a year, a local airstrip is transformed into a one-mile drag strip. Matt Farah is there with a Porsche GT3 RS. His only goal: to go as fast as humanly possible. Later, Dan Neil takes the swanky Rolls-Royce Ghost on a road test. Using his technical expertise and offbeat humor, he finds out if it’s really worth a quarter-million dollars. Special Guest: Jimmie Johnson, the first auto racing driver to be named Athlete of the Year by Associated Press and winner of five consecutive NASCAR Sprint Cup Championships.

Episode 2 – Rush Hour Road Race

Join the team and Brian Johnson, lead singer of AC/DC, as they race one of the world's fastest supercars against Italy's most popular scooter and a subway pedestrian to see which is the fastest way to get across New York City. Dan Neil conducts a road test of the striking new Ferrari 458 Italia, and you don’t want to miss the hosts competing against each other to see who can most efficiently teach four beauties how to drive a manual... Dodge Viper! Special Guest: Dario Franchitti, three-time and reigning IZOD IndyCar Series champion and two-time and reigning Indianapolis 500 winner.

Episode 3 – Man vs Computer

Computers might be better than us at Jeopardy, but how about on a racetrack? It's man versus computer as the gang races a computer-controlled BMW around Laguna Seca Raceway. Later, Dan Neil ditches his usual cardigan for a helmet and fire suit and to find out what dirt-track racing is all about, and the guys debate who builds the best convertible sports car in the world, the Europeans or the good old US of A? Special Guest: the legendary Pete Brock, designer of the iconic Shelby Daytona Coupe.

I've been anticipating this ever since I heard it announced months ago. For those that don't know Corolla was slated to host the first attempt at Top Gear USA along with Joe Rogan, but that fell apart and subsequently Adam has been working on this. Personally I think Coralla is hilarious and hes a REAL car guy so I hope this show turns out as good as it seems it can be.

Couldn't possibly be any worse that TGUS :willy:

DVR is set!! :banana:

Hey now, you US TG haters should have given it the Full season. IT got 100x better from the first episode to the season finale.

THIS Show, I am flippin way excited for!!!!

Mook

I did watch the whole season and if you thought it got better it was from whatever you were drinking while watching, that show never should have aired. They really had to search far and wide to find three guys with zero personality :help::help:

Already on the DVR... I put it in my calendar to set the DVR a month ago... lol

Sounds like it may be pretty good! The nice thing, is it won't be compared directly to a sister show in another country. It will indeed still be compared to TGUK.

Chris

The first season of TGUK was ugly and rough too. Should someone besides Ferrara be in there? YES.

The other two I am okay with. There were some seriously cool moment from the first season of the TGUS that I really enjoyed.

NOW, back OT....It's going to be interesting to see what Adam Corolla can get away with on TV...it's not the Man Show or Loveline.

The first season of TGUK was ugly and rough too. Should someone besides Ferrara be in there? YES.

The other two I am okay with. There were some seriously cool moment from the first season of the TGUS that I really enjoyed.

NOW, back OT....It's going to be interesting to see what Adam Corolla can get away with on TV...it's not the Man Show or Loveline.

I like the fact that we already know 2 of the hosts will be good.

Corolla is a car guy with tons of radio/tv/film experience AND HES FUNNY unlike Ferrara.

John Salley is entertaining and has been good on TBDSSP for years now. I'm confident he won't look like a lost little boy in front of the camera.

The other 2 guys I don't know, but given the show is anchored by 2 experienced TV personalities I see the segments being MUCH more fluid and entertaining instead of forced and 'paint by numbers' copies of TGUK.

I like the fact that we already know 2 of the hosts will be good.

Corolla is a car guy with tons of radio/tv/film experience AND HES FUNNY unlike Ferrara.

John Salley is entertaining and has been good on TBDSSP for years now. I'm confident he won't look like a lost little boy in front of the camera.

The other 2 guys I don't know, but given the show is anchored by 2 experienced TV personalities I see the segments being MUCH more fluid and entertaining instead of forced and 'paint by numbers' copies of TGUK.

I wish the TGUS was original, and not a straight copy.

I don't know if Salley will come off looking foolish or not. He knows sports I know that. But cars? I don't know. Good in front of the camera? Yes.

Who are the other two people?

The other hosts:

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HUagJ-3qtWo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/luKT_o7Q-ck?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O8XKPf64O9o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Im excited for this. I think he is a funny guy. Seems like some of the stuff there going to do is going to be a lot like Top Gear so it has to be entertaining.

Top Gear UK is my favorite show in the whole wide world, and I really enjoyed Top Gear US so This has to be good too

I've talked with him before actually (long story)... he is a car guy actually... playing in detroit for the pistons lends some cred too right?

Playing for the Pistons in Detroit during that time says the guy knows how to play basketball the RIGHT way!

Remember NO ONE wanting to drive that lane?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol:

I would hope playing in 8Mile for that long, he would at least get a good education on them!

Mook

I had somehow missed this, DVR set to record, thanks! Tonight is getting crowded, 'Sons of Guns' is starting back tonight so my two favorite things (cars and guns) in one night. :D

I did not realize Adam Corolla was a car guy, but he is hilarious. Man Show + cars should be entertaining at least.

Here's the best AC program I've seen to date!

Horrible quality!

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57_TlwTPDTg?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57_TlwTPDTg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I did not realize Adam Corolla was a car guy, but he is hilarious. Man Show + cars should be entertaining at least.

Definitely a car guy... heres a motortrend article from when he was in talks to host TopGear USA and it was going to be on NBC. Also if you ever saw the home remodel reality series he did (the Adam Corolla project -which was hilarious) he pulled up in a different badass car to the jobsite all the time.

Carolla's 13-car collection is housed in a warehouse, which includes a heavy dose of his affinity for classic Italian sports cars. There are three he saw on eBay -- a 1973 Datsun 510, a 1965 Lamborghini 350 GT (of 120 built), and his latest purchase, a Bob Sharp 1972 Datsun 610 No. 33. The others are a 1972 Porsche; a blue 1967 Lamborghini 400 GT 2+2 (of 247 built); a red 1967 Lamborghini 400 GT 2+2; a 1975 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4; a 1999 Jaguar XJR; a 1989 BMW M3; a 2001 BMW M3; a 2004 Ferrari Stradale, which he wants to sell; a 2004 Aston Martin DB9; a 1984 Nissan 300ZX, which was Paul Newman's old race car.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/112_0808_adam_carolla_celebrity_drive/index.html#ixzz1S0ydDbjh

Hey now, you US TG haters should have given it the Full season. IT got 100x better from the first episode to the season finale.

THIS Show, I am flippin way excited for!!!!

Mook

I'm with mook. I like TopGear US:patriot:

People usually say it's nothing like the UK version but I think you gotta give it some time before you can compare it to such a long running show like that.

I'm not a huge fan of Adam Corolla, don't think he's hilarious but I am going to watch this show tonight! :burnout:

Archived