Customer Service 866.965.0400

WCW wipe down after waxing/glazing

LQ9SS

Question

Yes, nothing beats a freshly waxed/glazed vehicle and I don't know if it just me, but it always seems to attract major dust especially after using BG.

My question is, would doing a Waterless Wash wipe down help reduce the dust after using Americana or Brilliant Glaze? Or would it remove or degrade the longevity of the wax/glaze?

I would think that the Americana would be fine but i'm not sure about BG.

Thanks fellas :hi:

14 answers to this question

I understand the WCW is pretty safe. I almost always go over the vehicle with a California Duster and WCW prior to the application of any wax. Unless I just washed the car. Removing the dust to help eliminate any micro marring it may incur to the finish would be better than the minut amout of product removed by its use IMO.

I understand the WCW is pretty safe. I almost always go over the vehicle with a California Duster and WCW prior to the application of any wax. Unless I just washed the car. Removing the dust to help eliminate any micro marring it may incur to the finish would be better than the minut amout of product removed by its use IMO.

No sure we are on the same page. I am talking about using the WCW after applying the wax/glaze to cut down on static and the oils left behind that might attract dust from the wax/glaze.

Early on in testing Waterless I accidentally found out it does dissipate some of the static from the vehicle. Have to figure with all the rubbing using statically charged microfibers, foam, and other things the paint develops a charge that attracts dust.

On my truck I always finish the detail with a waterless wipe down, even if its spotless, for this exact reason.

No sure we are on the same page. I am talking about using the WCW after applying the wax/glaze to cut down on static and the oils left behind that might attract dust from the wax/glaze.

Woops, My Bad! :o

Alright, alright, lol...

Here is a pic that won me a free bottle of BG on another forum.

P1020092.jpg

BTW, I threw on a fresh coat of Americana today followed by a WCW wipe down, and it drastically helped cut down on the dust.

Everytime I have used WW after waxing, I notice a real difference as opposed to when I don't....with dust and pollen attraction to the paint.

Dylan is right, the charge you bring to your paint really doesn't leave for some reason until the WW hits it.

Ask JD_SS---he was a skeptic until I proved him wrong!

Mook

Archived