Customer Service 866.965.0400

The metal polishes

LQ9SS

Question

I am a bit confused on the metal polishes. Under the description it says that if your wheels not raw metal than I should use the the revive polish rather than the metal polishes. I recently ordered and recieved both the #1 and #2. My wheels are chrome, should I have got the revive instead of the MP's?

Also, if own #2 polish does it even pay to have the #1.

10 answers to this question

if you use the metal polished and it doesn't stain the applicator black, then you know your wheels are clear coated and you need to use either Revive or fine machine polish. metal polish is tough to remove from clear coated wheels... ask me how i know :loser:

you can use the metal polishes 1 and 2 on your chrome wheels no problem. if you have revive you can follow with that afterwards and then maybe some buttery or americana or mss to protect them. add some bg before wax or sealant for that extra pop

Always use a sealant BEFORE any other wax or glaze. It needs to bond with the base material and not another product.

I have the 22" chrome Silverado SS Replicas, does anyone know if they have a clear coat?

P1010435.jpg

Chrome is almost impossible to get paint of any sort to really bond to, so I would guess NO. I have stock chrome wheels on our Enclave and they're bare chrome.

Archived