Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use to remove scratches?

bigaudiofanatic

Question

After finding out this morning that my cat did a number on my new cars finish, I am going to try to remove them.

There are three on the roof and one on the side of the car.

I can just BARELY get my finger nail in them almost as if it skims over them.

Is this a job for wet sanding? If yes I am not going to touch them.

What I have is all the adams' 6 inch pads, scratch doctor scratch remove, adams swirl and haze remover, and I can pick something up on the way home if you recommend something. What should I try. I do not have sever swirl remover.

15 answers to this question

After finding out this morning that my cat did a number on my new cars finish, I am going to try to remove them.

There are three on the roof and one on the side of the car.

I can just BARELY get my finger nail in them almost as if it skims over them.

Is this a job for wet sanding? If yes I am not going to touch them.

What I have is all the adams' 6 inch pads, scratch doctor scratch remove, adams swirl and haze remover, and I can pick something up on the way home if you recommend something. What should I try. I do not have sever swirl remover.

Do you have a BB gun?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would not suggest wet sanding.

Use least aggressive as possible first. Although you may need SSHR if your fingernail catches it, I would probably try SHR first.

Quite possibly several passes needed. Be patient. Do not expect them to disappers after the first pass. See how that looks after a few passes, if you don't like step up to SSHR, if you are seeing progress with the SHR do another pass.

Patience Patience Patience.

You may not be able to remove completely depending how severe they are although there should be great improvement.

Let us know how things go.

I have no experience with the scratch dr stuff.

I am thinking more along the lines of pellet rifle. I told my parents my concern. However the cat usually only sits on the cars in the winter. So I thought I had some time. Apparently I was wrong for thinking I had that much time to prepare. I did not even notice them until I got to work and did my morning wipe down and noticed orange fur.

I called my mother and basically said either declaw that final claw on that cat or i am going to get violent with it. She said ok so we shall see what she does. I warned her MY cat is trained

super_funny_hilarious_pictures_Sniper_Cat.jpg

GOD I NEED A GARAGE.

I have not even sent in my first payment and all this stuff is happening.

I am thinking more along the lines of pellet rifle. I told my parents my concern. However the cat usually only sits on the cars in the winter. So I thought I had some time. Apparently I was wrong for thinking I had that much time to prepare. I did not even notice them until I got to work and did my morning wipe down and noticed orange fur.

I called my mother and basically said either declaw that final claw on that cat or i am going to get violent with it. She said ok so we shall see what she does. I warned her MY cat is trained

super_funny_hilarious_pictures_Sniper_Cat.jpg

GOD I NEED A GARAGE.

I have not even sent in my first payment and all this stuff is happening.

Thats a good one.

Do you have a PC or a Flex?

Do you have FMP to follow up after SSHR or SHR?

If not, order some. Have the proper tools in place before tackling any job.

As Len said 4in focus pads will help tremendously .

1.Patience

2.SSHR/SHR

3.FMP

4.MSS

5.Clean dbl/single soft towels.

6.4in Focus

7. Pellet gun!!!!!!!

Do you have FMP to follow up after SSHR or SHR?

If not, order some. Have the proper tools in place before tackling any job.

As Len said 4in focus pads will help tremendously .

1.Patience

2.SSHR/SHR

3.FMP

4.MSS

5.Clean dbl/single soft towels.

6.4in Focus

7. Pellet gun!!!!!!!

:iagree: #7 optional!:jester:

I could not help it and went at them with orange pad ans SHR. They are still visible however you have to look for them but they are clearly still there. I guess I have to try green pad and SSHR? Or is it to late for that even? They are smooth with the paint now and I can not catch them with my nail.

Archived