Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant spray glaze as a cleaner?

jpu471

Question

I foamed, double bucket washed, thoroughly clayed till clean, hand polished S&H and FMP, couldn't find my Revive, and then Americanaded(an adjective?) Then when I applied BSG, the old kind, the applicator came up with a lot of dirt. It does smell like a chemical(solvent?) Where did this dirt come from?

11 answers to this question

It can be used as a cleaner of sorts, although that's not the intended use. Unshaken Brilliant Glaze (spray or the new kind) can be used to break up sticky messes like tree sap, stubborn bug guts, etc.

Dylan tipped us off the this alternate use.

For the very reason we recommend it goes down before wax, it makes a good cleaner. It contains a solvent which is what keeps the wax dissolved and in suspension. It will degrade waxes if applied over the top and can clean some things to certain extent. What you were probably seeing was a little wax being liquified by the BSG.

Have to pick up on that last comment. Brilliant spray glaze(the elder) was always used over wax as a last step and the new Brilliant glaze(the younger) under, is there a change in order for the old product?

So (pause) now you guys listen to me.... :hi:BG should only be used after a polish, never over a wax or sealant. It's what I have been saying all along. :thumbsup: It will degrade to some degree, any wax or sealant you put it over. It is also a "filler". You want to get your paint as flawless as possible BEFORE you apply the wax or sealant protection, which is another good reason to put it UNDER the wax or sealant.

So (pause) now you guys listen to me.... :hi:BG should only be used after a polish, never over a wax or sealant. It's what I have been saying all along. :thumbsup: It will degrade to some degree, any wax or sealant you put it over. It is also a "filler". You want to get your paint as flawless as possible BEFORE you apply the wax or sealant protection, which is another good reason to put it UNDER the wax or sealant.

You need to put mss down before bg. The mss will not bond with the paint properly if there is a layer of bg between it and the paint. General rule of thumb with bg is before waxes and after sealants.

You need to put mss down before bg. The mss will not bond with the paint properly if there is a layer of bg between it and the paint. General rule of thumb with bg is before waxes and after sealants.

Thanks....Agreed!:rockon: I don't use the sealant .... yet anyways.:pc:

I guess I would skip the BG if I used the sealant as I'm sure it would eat way at that too.

Archived