Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where is junkman???

LowNslo

Haven't really seen any threads lately, just curious if everything is going well, I know you been detailing some cars and I always look forward to your write-ups and pics! So anyway just wondering where ya been and to see if dylan told you you were:banned: or had to let everyone catch up on posting:thumbsup::cheers:

Haven't really seen any threads lately, just curious if everything is going well, I know you been detailing some cars and I always look forward to your write-ups and pics! So anyway just wondering where ya been and to see if dylan told you you were:banned: or had to let everyone catch up on posting:thumbsup::cheers:

Duck so that you don't get hit by any shrapnel that I'm about to lay down at those two... :pc:

I'm around, but it's been one hell of a year. Take a look at this thread and you'll see what's happening. The thread is rapidly growing as the plot thickens.

oh wow, I didn't read the entire thread yet but 11 pages and the first picture of your car could explain a good bit! Good luck and hope ya get it taken care of! Ill check it out in a bit and see if I can offer any opininons from my narrow minded skull!

glad to hear from you and know that those pizzas haven't taken ya out yet haha!

so from what I gather with my little reading skills, you have a hydrolocked motor and that caused the starter to break? If so, here are some things to consider :)

If my hands were involved and It just so happened to be my nasty ole wore out dirty corvette (sarcasm) then I would consider a new motor....... maybe something like a iron block 6.0 or a ls2 :). If the coolant leak was bad and got below the rings on that motor, I surely wouldn't just replace the head gasket and roll on. How does the fluid look out of the pan? and on the dip stick?

Ya know you can come up with a long block 6.0 for about 700-1000 and use your front drive accessories and intake and and pretty much everything else. Physically the blocks are not any different on the outside! Now this is only if you are going to replace your car with a stock ls1 or have the starter situation fixed. Our local machine shop would tell ya to take ten thousandths off the heads and use some stock gaskets from gm. You will see an increase in CR (compression ratio) but not enough to need to alter the tune for the car.

I was just going to throw out the idea for you, "if" you were going to replace the long block you could def grab up a good used setup with more power and less work :) Only downside to swapping to the 6.0 is the tuning issue, which is not that bad really. There are many sponsors on different websites that offer that service. I hope you can come up with a good solution and If I can help or mess ya up in any way just give me a shout haha!

Why an Iron block Chris? I'd think an aluminum block would be the way to go, especially in a Vette.

Heck, if you're going to go that far, why not make it an LS3 motor? I bet you can find one of those out of a wrecked Vette, Camaro or G8 GXP somewhere.

I just say a iron block because here they are plentiful and cheaper. Yes if money is not a huge option then snag up a sweet ls2, or a ls3 would be awesome. But the iron 6.0 can come from a escalade, denali, hd 2500 chevy truck...... when you get ls2 territory you limit to vettes, gto 05-06, and g8 gt, tbss and ctsv 06-08 ( all of these are not plentiful here locally so they are more expensive. Then you step up to the newer ls3 that are in the vettes and almost impossible to find 2010 ss (if i am thinking correctly). So for a complete lq4 or lq9 out of a truck or comparable suv, you can spend 1k for pretty much a full intake to oil pan motor here with 30ish thousand miles.

Thats just my reasoning, but hey go with a aluminum block ls2 if you can come up with one cheap. Its a simple segment swapped pcm(most mail order tuners will do this for $300) and you are on your way, just a little faster than before.

I just say a iron block because here they are plentiful and cheaper. Yes if money is not a huge option then snag up a sweet ls2, or a ls3 would be awesome. But the iron 6.0 can come from a escalade, denali, hd 2500 chevy truck...... when you get ls2 territory you limit to vettes, gto 05-06, and g8 gt, tbss and ctsv 06-08 ( all of these are not plentiful here locally so they are more expensive. Then you step up to the newer ls3 that are in the vettes and almost impossible to find 2010 ss (if i am thinking correctly). So for a complete lq4 or lq9 out of a truck or comparable suv, you can spend 1k for pretty much a full intake to oil pan motor here with 30ish thousand miles.

Thats just my reasoning, but hey go with a aluminum block ls2 if you can come up with one cheap. Its a simple segment swapped pcm(most mail order tuners will do this for $300) and you are on your way, just a little faster than before.

G8GT is an LS2 block with LS3 heads but with DOD lifters and system. They love a cam and DOD delete.

yea, you know more about those than me!!! I was just offering what info i knew. :) so the l92 heads on a ls2 is what the g8gt has? Yea there are a bunch of guys in the truck world that love the l92 heads, seem like the best factory cast head out for gm, they flow better than some afr's and prc heads with a little work. The bad part about the truck guys is swapping to the 90mm tb and intake to use the rectangle ports vs. the cathedral style on the 243's and 317's.

yea, you know more about those than me!!! I was just offering what info i knew. :) so the l92 heads on a ls2 is what the g8gt has? Yea there are a bunch of guys in the truck world that love the l92 heads, seem like the best factory cast head out for gm, they flow better than some afr's and prc heads with a little work. The bad part about the truck guys is swapping to the 90mm tb and intake to use the rectangle ports vs. the cathedral style on the 243's and 317's.

NOPE... LS3 heads with DOD makes the motor an L76. I believe L92 is cast iron right?

but does the g8 gt have a 6.0? It uses the same style head as a l92 right? I know the 6.2 trucks have the l92 heads right? Im just strictly talking heads not the l76s vs. the l92 engines..... man there are too many ls l9, Im starting to feel like a ricer with these alphabet motors haha!

alright found the info i was looking for, so rather than correct my statement about the motors, a g8 gxp has the same as ls3. So finding one of those for sale much less wrecked in a junkyard would be like looking for a needle in a haystack right?

LS3 would be perfect for ya AJ. But you can't have mine!

Just read the DC thread. Jeeez! You don't do anything small, do ya? Good luck with the fix. Pace performance has a LS376-480 that looks real nice. Hot cammed LS3 putting out 480hp. And you can still go slow enough to pick up chicks :thumbsup:

Archived