Customer Service 866.965.0400

foam cannon dilution with adams soap?

smokemeister25

Question

just got a little foam cannon for my pressure washer. was wondering what the dilution is for the adams car wash for a foam cannon? if it's in oz's, how many caps equals an oz? my container is only about 16 0z's total size. it's a little green technologies cannon i got at home depot. it works well but has a smallish bottle. will do a car but with the small bottle i need the dilution not just so many oz's per quart. if you mix it a little strong does it just make more suds or does it leave more film? with greens soap they say to use twice as much water to soap. i'm bettin the adams is much more concentrated than that

12 answers to this question

I just picked one up about 15 minutes ago also, seems like a pretty solid product for $17. The canister is 12 oz, I am going to start out with 2 oz of Adams and see how that works.

I also bought the High Pressure Detergent Injector for $20. Now I'll be able to high pressure soap before the high pressure foam! The bugs and dirt don't have a chance, haha. Let me know how they work for you.

I will be using a 3000 psi, 2.5 GPM, Honda driven, side mounted pump pressure washer for reference.

Hopefully it works good and thanks to the other AF member who posted this up a few weeks ago. Adams shampoo should produce killer foam.

that was me that found it... :--) i used it today and it does what it's supposed to. only downside i've found is the small capacity. but you'll get through one car.

what's a high pressure detergent injector? did you get it with the cannon at home depot. didn't see that when i bought mine and wouldn't have known what it was if i had.

little help here.....

thanks

that was me that found it... :--) i used it today and it does what it's supposed to. only downside i've found is the small capacity. but you'll get through one car.

what's a high pressure detergent injector? did you get it with the cannon at home depot. didn't see that when i bought mine and wouldn't have known what it was if i had.

little help here.....

thanks

Cool, thanks for the info. The canister did seem kind of small, but it's good to know that it will work with one car at least. I'm going to test it out on the DD tomorrow.

The High Pressure Foam Injector was sitting right next to the foam attachment. You put it inline with your water hose and the inlet of the pump. It's supposed to work like the coin operated machines. Where you can use soap with the High Pressure water stream. Most pressure washers have a soap setting, like mine has two soap tanks, but it is distributed at low pressure. When I did my research a few years ago on pressure washers, only the high end, expensive ones had high pressure soap capabilities. So if it works, I plan to high pressure soap, then foam cannon and dwell, then the two bucket....you know the drill. If it doesn't work as planned, I'm out 20 bones, so oh well.

It's kind of wierd how it works. Notice the soap tank is horizontal? They give you a packet of "their" cleaner to put in the container, and I guess it kind of disolves when you use it. I bought some QD's for both ends for easy removal. This way, I can tip it upside down and fill it with the best shampoo around, Adam's. :rockon::2thumbs:

1429359_2491578_290.jpg

Wait a minute....so you're not suppose to fill that canister with just soap? You're suppose to put water there too?

I'm sure Adam wouldn't mind if you did :lolsmack:

But usually you would fill the container 3/4 with water then add a couple oz of soap. Ratio would be different depending on the exact model-type of foamer.

I use a 1:4 ratio with my foam cannon. 1 part soap to 4 parts water. I can get my entire full size truck done with that with usually some to spare. Good, thick foam, but still has good lubricity. You don't want it too thick, but too thick is better than too runny in my opinion.

If I read the box correctly at the store when I was looking at it be careful. When you run that in-line injector be careful of what chemicals you put in there as it all runs through your pump and depending on what you use could cause long term damage to the pump seals. At the very least make sure you do a full flush of the system after use. It also appears to be made to use their little chemical packets that dissolve in the cannister. How easy is it to fill with soap vs the packets?

Archived