Customer Service 866.965.0400

I have a Problem. Need some Help.. Please

CamaroRS_11

Question

So I'm not sure where this occurred, but it's not exactly been easy to remove. It was all over my driver side on the bottom half of the car, and I was able to clay bar it off the paint, destroyed the piece of clay but not much else I could do. Anyways, there is still some left on my tires and a lot in the Wheel Wells, and the Wheel Well brush doesn't do anything to it, so any tips or tricks to help me would be appreciated.

My wheel well and tires stay as clean as the rest of my car so this is just unacceptable.

I'm not sure what it is, but it's like dried on paint or something similar, not sure if it was from some construction area or what.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :help: :help: :help:

wheelwell.th.jpg

wheelwell2.th.jpg

tires.th.jpg

7 answers to this question

Here is a quote from Adam, it was in a thread on Tar but it might do the trick for you too :2thumbs:

Start with a few basic things.....Safest: Power washer, at the coin wash. Get up on the tar, with the wand, about 4" away.

Solved? Good! No? Try the Next safest: Try to put a towel under the car, and brush on, with a paint brush, vegetable oil. Leave on overnight.

Solved? Good! No? Next safest: Brake Parts Cleaner, get some from the Napa Auto Parts store near you. Use at the coin wash, or if you have a power washer, on the asphalt, or area that you don't mind if it gets stained. Spray on, let sit for a minute, then blast off.

Solved? Good! No? Report back!

From the pictures it appears to be paint? Don't worry about the tires: due to their flexing while rotating it will come off of them on its own. For the inner plastic fender liners I've used 3M Adhesive remover and a plastic razor blade with success on road line paint. Spray a small amount in an inconspicuous place first to make sure it doesn't discolor the plastic. Both can be purchased at a PBE store.

Since its just the plastic liner you can get pretty aggressive without having to worry about anything, just be careful near the edge where it meets the paint.

I'd go simple... some paint thinner on a rag and scrub the liner by hand. Just avoid the edge near the fender lip, and follow up with Undercarriage spray or SVRT after the fact to even the look out again.

From the pictures it appears to be paint? Don't worry about the tires: due to their flexing while rotating it will come off of them on its own. For the inner plastic fender liners I've used 3M Adhesive remover and a plastic razor blade with success on road line paint. Spray a small amount in an inconspicuous place first to make sure it doesn't discolor the plastic. Both can be purchased at a PBE store.

:iagree: The 3M Adhesive Remover is some good stuff, I would spray it on and let it set a while & let it work. Then on the painted areas you will need to wax again! Report back Please!

:iagree: The 3M Adhesive Remover is some good stuff, I would spray it on and let it set a while & let it work. Then on the painted areas you will need to wax again! Report back Please!

I used some citrus adhesive remover that comes in a spray can they said it was a lot less aggressive and should do the trick. I was able to get all of paint off for the most part but there's still white spots on the undercarriage from where the stuff was stuck. Any ideas on that? Also thanks for all of the advice everyone it helped a lot and boy it took me a week of my time doing different things to get that crap off and it's still not completely gone.

Archived