Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gift for My Son Damien - Home from 4th then Off to 5th Tour of Duty

smokemeister25

Question

hi guys...

i'd like your advice on a little tiny kit for a gift for my son. about 5 months ago my son came home slightly wounded from his 4th tour of duty in you know where... :( as a gift to himself he bought a new camaro SS the day he arrived home. it was something he had saved for and wanted for a long time. he keeps it clean as a whistle but i'm sure he doesn't do it right or even for that fact know how. i know for a fact that he uses a lot of spray detailer instead of washing. i would like to ask ashley to send him a little tiny kit of the most important things and hope he will use them instead of just spray detailing with turtle wax ice and a bath towel or maybe he gets polish rags from walmart... you get the idea.

so could you give me your opinions on a small inexpensive kit of things for him to try. hopefully he'll actually give them a try and not just leave them on the shelf. i was thinking spray detailer, a couple of the nice microfiber towels, some waterless stuff maybe and waffle towels.... i think they have some sample sizes maybe. if he uses them and likes them i'm more than happy to buy him whatever he wanted but to just leave em sit on the shelf would be a bummer. not sure he really knows how to do what you guys are into.... do you think some sample sizes and a few towels for around 50 bucks or less is possible?

until lately he wasn't even able to use his arm well enough to really do much polishing but he's gone through a lot of physical therapy and is strong enough now. for what it's worth he's gonna get deployed on his 6th time and go back this march.... and yes, i worry a lot.

thanks for suggestions. i wish i could buy him everything but lets give him 3 or so things to get him started.

• Answers 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

201 answers to this question

ever hear of the old expression ''a picture is worth a thousand words.....''

or how bout the one ''put your money where your mouth is....''

well, here we have it. you guys have showed a lot of class and appreciation to a stranger that does a job some people take for granted.

i for one won't ever forget you. that's a great picture adam. hopefully i can get as good of one for you from this end when the boxes get delivered....

to the people that donated and that live close enough and would like to come to the presentation i thought maybe we could get together on sat. oct 29th. only thing is i need to have an idea on how many people can come to make reservations. if the weather is nice we could do a little bbq or something at my place, but i'm also looking for a place that has enough space to let us bring in the boxes. we live at pa exit number 3, or maybe they call it mile marker 28 on the pa turnpike. also, off of I79 at the wexford pa exit. is close to both and easy to get to. basically north about 25 miles from downtown pgh. let me know which direction you're coming from and i'll give you directions. is still a tentative date cause i'm hoping he'll be coming home from SC, but with his schedule anything is open to change. i know he's trying to take a little vacation time but he did the same thing last year and ended up in afganastan instead.... :(

but let me know those of you that think you could make it on that day and i'll see if i can make plans only thing is if i have it at my house and you have a folding chair try to bring it. i have a huge driveway so we could bbq and detail at the same time....

:party:

Guest Sarah@Adams

:party:The BIG Reveal for Damien!:party:

Date: Saturday, October 29th

Time: Afternoon - Time to follow

Location: Wexford, PA - Address to follow depending on weather

Guest List:

1. Matt a.k.a. matts88yj

Please reply if you are able to attend and I will add you to the list.

Dang, everyone did an awesome job! Wish I could have actually donated something other than my appreciation! Glad to be apart of a group that is as awesome as ya'll! Hope he enjoys everything he is going to receive! Take plenty of pictures of the big reveal and post em up! :2thumbs::patriot:

:party:The BIG Reveal for Damien!:party:

Date: Saturday, October 29th

Time: Afternoon - Time to follow

Location: Wexford, PA - Address to follow depending on weather

Guest List:

1. Matt a.k.a. matts88yj

Please reply if you are able to attend and I will add you to the list.

Come on gang I know a few more could make this! Let's make this even more special for both Les and Damien!! I'm sure it will be a great time and if anyone from around my area (SE PA) would want to caravan out then I'm more than willing to be the guide. Please post up! :cheers:

Come on gang I know a few more could make this! Let's make this even more special for both Les and Damien!! I'm sure it will be a great time and if anyone from around my area (SE PA) would want to caravan out then I'm more than willing to be the guide. Please post up! :cheers:

I really wanna go....but the haul from FL is too far...I'm meeting up with Les this December here though. :thumbsup:

I really wanna go....but the haul from FL is too far...I'm meeting up with Les this December here though. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah that is a bit of a haul! I was thinking more of within the region as far as people getting together. Figured it would be nice to have some of the contributors there to welcome Damien home! Plus I know his facial expression is going to be absolutely priceless. :patriot:

Guest Sarah@Adams
Oh yeah that is a bit of a haul! I was thinking more of within the region as far as people getting together. Figured it would be nice to have some of the contributors there to welcome Damien home! Plus I know his facial expression is going to be absolutely priceless. :patriot:

:burnout:Ummmmm, oh wait... 1,359 mi, 22 hours 59 mins! You all know I would be there if I could! I know there are a few people in the area that were thinking about going.

lynn

my wifes from harlingen tx down by brownsville. i remember us driving down... we went through pa, oh, ky, tn and all the other states and then got to tx. then we drove as far in just tx as we did in all the other states put together i think... :)

i'm still waiting to find out the exact dates he gonna be home. there's a possibility that sat could change to the one before. i know during the week wouldn't be good for people. but i'm tryin to make sure we have a get together when he's actually here. that would be good i guess... :D

Guest Sarah@Adams
Ya id need to get a room as well. It's a 9 hour drive ....I'm checking into it.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

Just swing by Texas and pick me up!

there were a whole bunch of boxes delivered to my house today...;) i felt bad for the fedx kid because they all think they have to park out on the street. so he rings my bell standing in the rain and walks down the steps and out the driveway to get another one and i said ''why don't you just back into the driveway do you don't have to walk so far''... this time he actually took me up on it.

there were a lot of boxes though. i felt like i was a detailing shop gettin supplies in for a few months.... :D

thats awesome very well deserved. I just got back from tour #2 (27 months total spent in Iraq YAY!) and had a cyst removed along with half of my lower jaw so i missed this. thank him for his service as Im sure he has probably flown some of my people to one destination or another.

to those who did donate, you all are amazing and i personally thank for your support of the military. We greatly appreciate it and as most would tell you, we're just doing a job.

Edited by ArmyAcadia09

Guest Sarah@Adams
there's a possibility we may need to change the date to sunday the 23rd of oct.. same place.

would that work as well or better for anybody who wants to come? he may not be here the following sat.

Sounds good. Okay forum members, who is going to go so they can join the fun?