Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gift for My Son Damien - Home from 4th then Off to 5th Tour of Duty

smokemeister25

Question

hi guys...

i'd like your advice on a little tiny kit for a gift for my son. about 5 months ago my son came home slightly wounded from his 4th tour of duty in you know where... :( as a gift to himself he bought a new camaro SS the day he arrived home. it was something he had saved for and wanted for a long time. he keeps it clean as a whistle but i'm sure he doesn't do it right or even for that fact know how. i know for a fact that he uses a lot of spray detailer instead of washing. i would like to ask ashley to send him a little tiny kit of the most important things and hope he will use them instead of just spray detailing with turtle wax ice and a bath towel or maybe he gets polish rags from walmart... you get the idea.

so could you give me your opinions on a small inexpensive kit of things for him to try. hopefully he'll actually give them a try and not just leave them on the shelf. i was thinking spray detailer, a couple of the nice microfiber towels, some waterless stuff maybe and waffle towels.... i think they have some sample sizes maybe. if he uses them and likes them i'm more than happy to buy him whatever he wanted but to just leave em sit on the shelf would be a bummer. not sure he really knows how to do what you guys are into.... do you think some sample sizes and a few towels for around 50 bucks or less is possible?

until lately he wasn't even able to use his arm well enough to really do much polishing but he's gone through a lot of physical therapy and is strong enough now. for what it's worth he's gonna get deployed on his 6th time and go back this march.... and yes, i worry a lot.

thanks for suggestions. i wish i could buy him everything but lets give him 3 or so things to get him started.

• Answers 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Sarah@Adams
maybe if someone has a dodge caravan we could borrow :thumbsup:

Sounds like we need to sell more Adam's Detail Spray so we can get an Adam's Party Bus and wrap it!

tp.gifSD_Party_Bus_Image.png

won't be long till dami comes home and begins his auto detailing 101 class.

was wondering if anybody had freed up any time to come so i know how many hotdogs to buy? :) if nobody can make it i'll make sure to get lots of pictures when he gets stuff so everyone can ''be in'' on the presentation. i know it's a long trip for everybody that donated to him. i'll make sure you all see him get stuff if nobody can come and maybe afterwards when he has his stuff he can arrange to meet up with people when he gets home. he lives in charleston sc, which vacation homes in smelly tents in such exotic wonderlands as in afganastan, oman, kuwait, irac, kryzakstan, pakistan, germany, siciily, japan, united arab imirates, uzbekestan and a bunch of other ''stans'' and deserts i'm not allowed to know about that nobody would want to go. he did get to go to china and korea once though when he hauled president you know who's secret service and limosene there. gee... maybe if he ever does that again he can take his new PC and Adams stuff along and shine it up special while they're crossing the big wawa...

right now i'm not planning on anybody being able to make it, so shoot me a message if i'm wrong so i know what to plan. i have oct. 23rd on sunday open if anybody wants to come over. know that if you can't come, you will all be in our hearts....;)

Les, wish I could make this. I'm only about 3.5 hours away, but with kids soccer and a new junior hunter this year things are just too hectic for me to get there. Again, pass my gratitude on to Damien :patriot::patriot:. I am glad I was able to be a part of making this happen. I'll look forward to the pics of the reveal.

HI Gang

I want to say thanks to all of you for the FANTASTIC gifts you've given me...:D I haven't had a chance to use most things yet because i was delayed in leaving South Carolina and when i got home the weather was cold, snowy and miserable to work outside. i did try my dads power washer and the car shampoo along with the wheel cleaner and brush and washed with a pad and then dried with the towels and sidekick. i used some spray deatailer too. THIS STUFF IS FANTASTIC !!!!! I can't wait to really do a thorough job and get some polish and wax on before i leave again for the suck. But wanted to show you a picture of who i am and tell all of you how much i appreciate your generosity and also for introducing to the adams products. if any of you are ever in the Charleston SC area when i'm in the country would be nice to meet with you.

Again, thank you all so much

Damien Young

L1000557.jpg

L1000501.jpg

L1000558.jpg

L1000505.jpg

You are very welcome! I know that I feel that what I contributed is miniscule when compared to what you do for this country. If you ever travel to Florida with your dad, make sure to give me a call!

:patriot:

Wow forgot how much stuff was in this package.

Did he get everything except a machine polisher!?

Edit: Just noticed Machine Super Wax and Fine Machine Polish in there... you have everything you need Damien! Enjoy the obsession :willy:

and Thank you so much for the service! :patriot:

I am glad you got home and received the supplies we all chipped in for! People sometimes don't realize that the reason we can enjoy our hobby and wash our cars in our driveways safely and in peace without worrying about a bomb being dropped above us is because of people like yourself. It sounds exaggerated but it's true. We truly do take a lot of things here for granted. Enjoy your time at home and come back again safe from your next tour so you can keep using these awesome products.

Guest Sarah@Adams

:patriot: Thank you for your service Damien, this was just a small token of our appreciation. Enjoy the Adam's and make that Camaro shine!

Oh, and don't forget to join the forum yourself and join the Adam's Forum Family! :pc:

You're welcome Damien, stay safe enjoy yourself while your home. I haven't been injured or been over to the armpit of the world as much as you....but in my 4 trips over and 15 years of service, I know how the life can take a toll on you. Enjoy all that stuff, and next time you head over, I'll keep all that junk in my garage for you :)