Customer Service 866.965.0400

1957 Chevy Bel Air

THE Mook

We meet again :D

THE FIRST OFFICIAL RM FALL AUCTION DETAIL IN THE BOOKS!

This morning, our '57 Chevy Bel Air Soft Top arrived, and we began to work, and make that paint just drip with Shine! Again, THANK YOU to Greg and Justin for just to simply put it-KILL THIS CAR! :cheers: Today, Justin took a lot more pictures than I did, so please look for those here also...

We started by addressing the engine bay, then the wheels and tires and wheel wells, then the paint itself.

We were able to use WW on the whole thing save for the wheels and tires where we needed water. Our process on the paint started after WW, onto Clay, then after conferring and testing parts of the deck lid with my team, we agreed the best method would be to have two passes of SHR, one pass of FMP, Revive on the Flex, Brilliant Glaze on the PC, followed by two thin coats of APW. The method on the Chrome and Metal was to start from WW, then Revive, then MP #1 and MP #2 where needed, and in spots where needed, BG. We also detailed the interior, dressed all trim and tires, used UCS on the front wheel wells, and clayed and cleaned the glass.

Here we go!

Befores:

As you can see...the paint had a LOT of areas of opportunity, and I think you will agree that our results were FACEMELTING! We did a couple more steps than the agreed amount with the client, BUT this was our First detail here, and I wanted to make sure that ANYONE walking by that car would stop and drool. We had the tent people setting up the tents at the huge auction park, all day come by and pretty much do just that. I am pretty pleased with what we did, I'm not gonna lie to ya!

SAM_0614.jpg

SAM_0615.jpg

SAM_0616.jpg

SAM_0620.jpg

SAM_0621.jpg

SAM_0622.jpg

SAM_0623.jpg

SAM_0625.jpg

SAM_0626.jpg

SAM_0627.jpg

SAM_0628.jpg

SAM_0629.jpg

SAM_0631.jpg

SAM_0632.jpg

The durings:

Trust me, I was in action also, but I thought it was more important for Justin and Greg to keep working and stay focused rather than snap a Mook with a Machine :lol:

SHR and FMP were indeed the right answer here. This paint was a lot of fun, but we also noticed a lot of spots needing wetsanding, and also a lot of swirl marks that were painted OVER. It was kind of dicey in spots!

SAM_0633.jpg

SAM_0634.jpg

SAM_0635.jpg

SAM_0636.jpg

SAM_0637.jpg

SAM_0638.jpg

Great job guys! That car is blinging. I have a few questions.

How much do you think a car like that would go for? I'm looking to get an older classic, that doesn't require alot of restoration. Also, would that be the original paint job, or do you think that's been re-painted? Just curious, because that's a pretty amazing recovery on 50 year old paint and I was just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived