Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning Adam's pro tire applicator

ssooch

Question

Do you folks clean your pro tire applicator after each use? I've used mine a dozen times and its so saturated with VRT that it turns my finger nails black. I have to Put on a nitrate glove just to use it. It still works great and I don't want to throw it out just yet...

Thanks!

17 answers to this question

I clean all applicators after each use. It is easy with baby oil and a massage...oops...I mean APC and massage-rinse-Voila! Clean applicators!

At work I have to have clean hands and nails -so I do what I have to do or wear gloves to take care of tires. Bleh.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Never cleaned mine. I wash my cars every week. All 3 of them, however; when I start a new bottle of VRT, Leather conditioner, etc. I found this to be a good time to use a new applicator and retire the old one. I have backup stock on product and applicators including wax applicators. I use alot of Adams not only for myself but for family and friends cars as well. Can't afford to run out! So I have plenty of stock. It helps to have Grabiaks just a few miles away.

Well this is an interesting thread. I wash my car every 1-2 weeks during the season and use the tire applicator every time. After two years of use I have NEVER cleaned it. It still works great.

Other applicators I clean, but not the one for my tires.

Mine is pretty gross too! Didn't wash or clean it for the first dozen or so uses AND would store it on the shelf with the pad facing up in the hot Florida garage! :help:

I now wash/massage it with APC cleaner but the handle still has residue in it and my finger nails get embedded with that dark dirty stuff... Yuk! I also store it on a shop rag with the face pad down now. It isn't as bad as it used to be and hope that once this pad gets trashed that I will be able to keep the next one cleaner.

Not to create an echo, but yea... clean after each use with APC... if you let the VRT build up in there it gets to a point where it seems to even resist the APC soaking in and then you can't get it clean.

It never comes back 100% clean just b/c of the nature of the way its used, but it will stay relatively clean and not do the black gunk thing to you if you clean it frequently.

I've had mine a long time and I don't clean it every time I use it. When it gets too dirty, I clean it with APC and water, just like all the other foam applicators/pads.

If its getting too soaked with SVRT, check how much you're using. It shouldn't get soaked all the way into the handle foam that easily. I prefer multiple light coats instead of one heavier one.

Archived