Customer Service 866.965.0400

probably common sense question, but just in case..

CTSV

Question

So.. the CTS-V is pretty much designed strictly with a ruler it seems sometimes. There's not a smooth curve on the body. Striking, but frankly I'm already discovering that it's a detailing nightmare. Does anyone have tips for working around edges like these with the 6" pads? I'm thinking at this point I just need to work the big flat sections on the PC as much I can and then just chase over *all* the edges and places I can't get a lot of coverage on --the hood sections where the bulge is for example-- very carefully with the 4" pads. I'm even considering that I shouldn't even bother with the front-bumper with the 6" pads and strictly use the 4'' pads.

tips/ suggestions are appreciated.

post-5280-136818055101_thumb.jpg

post-5280-136818055107_thumb.jpg

post-5280-136818055116_thumb.jpg

post-5280-136818055122_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

If it was me I would start buffing the flat/bigger areas then either hand wax or use the focus pads on the rest!!:confused:

that's sort of what I figured/ hoping to avoid, I didn't know if there was an easier way/trick with the 6" pads though. Thanks.

Thats a gorgeous ride and one of my dream cars. Good luck with the detail and yes, I would go with the 6" on the big panels and hand polish on the edges, I wouldnt use the focus pads on the edges though just because if youre not used to them you might work the same area more than you should and you might run the risk of burning your paint.

More pics of that car please! :bow:

I wouldnt use the focus pads on the edges though just because if youre not used to them you might work the same area more than you should and you might run the risk of burning your paint.

When using the Focus pads on the PC, there is no risk of burning the paint. Now using them on a drill is a different story, as this is like a rotary.

ill trade you my jeep srt8 :D, a little more curves, as far a bricks go hahah. but i think the 4" pads on the PC is a great idea like a few other guys have said. you can get it done, just gunna be a slower process, all worth it in the end with that thing, its a beauty!

I don't know if you already have it or not, but maybe invest in a backing plate that has some give to it so you are a little more nimble and can contour around edges a little better. Nice car and nice to see another Virginian!

My advice, is to try and use the fine machine polish and white pad on the angles. It removes so little clear that there is no possible way you'll burn through the clear. Heck, even the orange pads are squishy enough not to worry about burning clear. Plus, just don't use as much pressure on those areas.

Oh, and beautiful car. More pics, please!

Archived