Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from Socal... pics inside

usabodyguard

Hi, my name is david... I have a 2004 Silverado truck.

I have used a ton of detail products and truth be told, I have an addiction to buying them... I have tried the usual suspects - McGuire's, Automagic, Zaino, Mother's, Lucas Oil, and others. Some have been better than others... but I am still in search of the ultimate product!

Today I finally bought a few items from my local Adam's dealer on a referral from a friend, Brian from magnacharger. I met up with Joe and Sandy Everret, and they were extremely helpful.

I am taking the truck to a car show and shine tomorrow, so i didnt have time to do a complete detail, so I bought only a couple of items..

Detail spray

Brilliant spray glaze

Under body spray

window cleaner

VRT

Metal polish #2

Microfiber towels (4)

I cleaned the truck with the detail spray, and it did a great job. I then applied a coat of the spray glaze and let it dry for about 45mins or so... During which time, metal polish #2 was applied to all of the forged billet wheels, and buffer out, with a final touch of detail spray. The tires were then dressed, and the under carriage was sprayed down.

I went to work on the engine during the drying time of the Glaze, and then cleaned the interior, using the glass cleaner which was just amazing.

After the glaze was buffed off, I stepped back and was happy with the results, granted this glaze isnt as deep as a wax as I was told, but I didnt have time today to do a complete detail.

Here are a couple of pictures of my truck... it is a prostreet silverado, in the middle of a engine and supercharger transplant, soon to have 750+ rwhp... hopefully within the next month everything will be done.

It is also in this months issue of trucking magazine, with a bunch more articles to come, along with a cover feature in next year's HP Edition.

truckdtl_main1.jpg

truckdtl_wheel.jpg

magnaflow_truck.jpg

(at magnaflow getting a full custom exhaust)

anyways, hope you like the truck, and I look forward to some detail tips!

:cheers:

What brand wheels are those ? Great look :2thumbs:

Any thoughts of shaved door handles ?

I am 6'8" 300lbs, so I dont fit so well in a Z06, so I decided it would be fun to build a truck to compete with them...

So yes i did consider shaving the handles, but you cant run on the track (1/4 mile) with shaved handles - its a rule on all tracks.

The wheels were one off design, modeled after the Z06 wheels... they are Prowheels, 22x10, 2 pc forged billet - weighing in at 29lbs each.

Thank you for all the nice comments!

:thumbsup:

The truck is actually a indigo blue... with 6 coats of clear... but wait there's more...

I am taking the truck down this week to meet with a kick *** graphics painter... I have some sick ideas for the truck... the blue is just the base coat...

Tribal ghost flames 3D with some metallic blue reverse flames, and airbrushed effects... nothing outrageous.... but it will POP if you know what i mean...

stay tuned...

The truck is actually a indigo blue... with 6 coats of clear... but wait there's more...

I am taking the truck down this week to meet with a kick *** graphics painter... I have some sick ideas for the truck... the blue is just the base coat...

Tribal ghost flames 3D with some metallic blue reverse flames, and airbrushed effects... nothing outrageous.... but it will POP if you know what i mean...

stay tuned...

Make sure you post up some more pics when its finished. :rockon:

• 6 months later...