Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st PC detail W/?

Mike2043

Question

Well I did my 1st PC detail this weekend. I picked my 09 Jetta to be the first. I had ordered the PC kit, car wash kit & grit guard last week & couldn't wait to get started.

I started by cleaning the tires & hubcaps using the Al Purpose Cleaner. Pretty simple sprayed it on hit it with a brush & watch the gunk wash off. I then moved on to a wash using the Adams soap,mit & grit guard. I had to do the 1 bucket system because I could only find one empty bucket LOL. This soap seemed to take a lot of crap off my car. I have always used cheap soap from wally world. No more wally world soap for me!

After washing I misted the car with the detail spray and dried it off with the drying towel. I have to say at this time I was already impressed by how good the car looked.

I then moved onto the claying. Now I have never clayed a car before & I didn't know what to expect. I did the baggie test & could not believe what I was feeling. My paint felt like sand paper. I used the clay along with the detail spray and clayed the whole car & was dumbfounded by what came off the paint. I had no idea it was possible to have that much crap in your paint.

Finally time to use the PC. :banana:

I started with the orange pad & the Swirl & Haze remover. I didn't think I needed this step but did it anyways. I figured it couldn't hurt. This went on with out a problem. I followed up with the white pad & fine machine polish. After that I stood back looking at my car & could not believe how good it looked. The paint was bright & looked deep. I then used the gray pad with the Super Machine sealer. I applied the sealer & let it sit for about 40- 45 minutes. It was very humid the day I did this. After waiting I wiped it off by hand & once again could not believe my eyes. The paint look so deep. It looked like there was 5 layers of gloss over it. I wiped the whole car down including all the glass. The car looked better then new. I still can't believe that I was able to do this in my driveway. My wife finally saw the car in the morning & commented on how good it looked. I am now looking forward to doing the rest of my vehicles.

Here's a couple of pics.

Car.jpg

Carhood.jpg

Notes:

1) I used the video provide by Adams during this whole process. The video is a great tool for beginners like me- Kudos to Adams for providing it.

2) If your on the fence about doing this, don't be. Go for it! If I could do it, you can do it!

Question for the experts,

1) It is now raining here, how/what do I do after it stops to keep my car looking good ?

7 answers to this question

nice job mike! all the Adams products are top notch! note number 2 is right, I was on the fence before I bought a PC and now I am so glad that I have it.

And to keep it looking good I would do a weekly 2 bucket wash followed by DS. If you have Americana or Buttery throw a coat of that on once every 6 or so weeks to keep the gloss going.

Nice job Mike!

Question for the experts,

1) It is now raining here, how/what do I do after it stops to keep my car looking good ?

Keep the paint protected (MSS, Americana, or BW), and use the proper washing and drying techniques.

You never mentioned anything about rewashing the car after the white pad/polish or using an IPA wipe down to remove old polishing oils. You're supposed to apply the machine super sealant to totally bare paint.

Great job and the car looks great. You really need 500w halogens to see the true condition of the paint. You can get them at Walmart for $35 or so. I bought the ones with the yellow frame. You can also try and use the sun to look for defects, but the halogens or a very $$ Sun Gun work the best.

Archived