Customer Service 866.965.0400

Has this happened to anyone?

Franklin's Bee

Question

I got my Adams mitts awhile back and just recently the shampoo, so when I pour it into the bucket it foams up a little bit but not like on the videos, basically 3/4 is water And the rest Is a little bit of foam. Was wondering if y'all had gone thru the same thing? Mike @ XQIZT Auto has been very helpful and recommended the water softener and filling it up in the bath tub (which I have yet to do) . Any feedback would be appreciated! :)

-Alex

17 answers to this question

I've owned, and used, a Merino Wool Wash Mit for quite a while now. I actually purchased it some time before Adam's had one available.

With the first several uses it made the suds in the bucket disappear, and when the mit was brought to the vehicle it seemed as nothing more than nice smelling water was in it. I have softened water to my wash station.

Over time this stopped. My belief is there was something in the Wool: perhaps it's something in the manufacture/washing process that still remained.

My Wool Mit now suds just like my Synthetic Mits.

I got my Adams mitts awhile back and just recently the shampoo' date=' so when I pour it into the bucket it foams up a little bit but not like on the videos, basically 3/4 is water And the rest Is a little bit of foam. Was wondering if y'all had gone thru the same thing? Mike @ XQIZT Auto has been very helpful and recommended the water softener and filling it up in the bath tub (which I have yet to do) . Any feedback would be appreciated! :)

-Alex[/quote']

I have relatively hard water and still have tons of suds... too many suds actually. I have to go through measures to reduce the suds; I fill my bucket over halfway before adding soap. I add soap directly to the bucket and then use the fire hose nozzle and quickly give a squirt into the bucket until I have enough suds, roughly 1 second. Then I drizzle a little on the pad and rub it across the pad to disperse it as a "primer". Just for kicks I may try using the soft water spigot/faucet to see how ridiculous I can make the suds. :drool:

What nozzle do you use? Do you know what water pressure you have? What size (diameter and length) hose do you have? If your pressure isn't high enough, if you don't have enough water flow out of the nozzle, you won't get good suds, there needs to be agitation to introduce air into the mixture to create the suds.

The water pressure I have is rather high, don't know the exact amount but would estimate it around 60+ psi, I use the fire hose nozzle, use a relatively short hose (50') that is 3/4" and attached to a 3/4" pipe (some homes only have 1/2" pipes which restrict water flow more). Oh, and I have hard water (around 9-10 grains of hardness).

Maybe I can try to capture a video next time I wash the cars.

To start, I do what Adam did in the video. I put the pad into the bucket dry, put the soap on the pad, then spray the water in over the pad and fill the bucket that way. This way there's plenty of soap already IN the pad, plus in the bucket. As Chris notes, the water should be slightly pink.

As you use the water, it will get slightly less foamy on top as you pull the foam out with your pad. This is where I take my fire hose, set it to a stream, and add more water to the bucket to create more foam. With so much soap in the water, you're diluting it, but not to the point of uselessness. You're just creating more foam.

Don't wait for the water to get low before you do this, though, otherwise you'll have plenty of water and no soap. Do it while the bucket is still more than 2/3rd full and the water is still pink, but you're running out of foam on top.

I grab the pad and fluff it on itself until it lathers real well and then hit the car with it.

Good idea. I'll have to try this, too!

i probably do now' date=' but a couple months ago it foamed like crazy but lately the the foam just sits on top and when i put it on the car its just barely sudsy with lots of water....i was told our water comes from a well :help: so im not sure if its harder than other sources[/quote']

Yeah, well water tends to be hard.

My water is pink with a head on top. I grab the pad and fluff it on itself until it lathers real well and then hit the car with it. I also use a foam gun which helps.

Chris

Do you have very hard water in your area? Mine foams great, but our water is just moderately hard.

Chris

i probably do now, but a couple months ago it foamed like crazy but lately the the foam just sits on top and when i put it on the car its just barely sudsy with lots of water....i was told our water comes from a well :help: so im not sure if its harder than other sources

Never happened to me. I received one from the.first batch. How much soap you using?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just as much as Adam in the video, I guessing to just pour soap in the bucket w/o the mitts and fill it up that way and then put the wash mitts in. That method has always worked well for me :xfingers:

Archived